The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Got the VFR out for the first time in ages. Got a new Pilot Power upfront yesterday. Feels good ?

New addition to The Toy Box will be arriving home just after Halloween.

This particular toy is a bit broken, so winter will involve some work and parts shopping.

Edit: mobile typing is hard.

Last edited:
I'm curious.

He found his scooter.

taps feet impatiently

Once this arrives, it means I get the next toy! :dance:

RCR did a nice one on the Gen1 SV650.

Aero on a naked bike?

I was going through Istanbul in rush hour as a car passenger today. The lane splitting I saw was awe-inspiring.... I mean, totally insane, dangerous and I don't condone such behaviour in any way. :D

Less than 24 hours to go....

Eeep, so excited. The stablemates are getting antsy.

Got to ride my buddy’s MV Agusta F4 1000 yesterday. What a maaaachiiiine!

Coming off the Multi, the F4 was like sitting on a postage stamp. Well, sitting in a postage stamp.

After I got my bearings and contorted into the correct position this thing just flowed beautifully through the corners. It's a heavy bike and felt planted on long sweepers and tighter turns. Transitions through chicanes were low effort. I expected heavier steering after I set off from the lot and felt all the weight, but it was pleasant and enjoyable. The steering lock is quite limited; you'll not be able to do a u turn without looking awkward.

Aside from the timeless Tamburini styling, the center piece is the motor. Sweet jeebus that induction noise as the revs sail to the stratosphere is unholy. The lumpy idle delivers an impression that is part race machine, part animal. Unsurprisingly, it's ridiculously fast with 180 HP on tap.

Gearbox was unremarkable, but not bad in my brief experience, it snicked in and out of gear fine.

Brakes I can't comment on as I didn't test them much.

Italian foibles were of course present. The mirrors actually look pretty, which translates to them being useless unless you like looking at your arms. The left rear indicator just would stay on then dim a bit (like @Crazyjeeper 's GL1000). And the bars hit the fairing and will pinch your thumb on the tank (the bike is unmodified). It runs hot and will cook you like an Electra Glide, but it's not as bad as the VFR. The MV gets hotter faster, but cools off quickly. It also vibes worse than my 919 did at certain RPMs as a punishment for not wringing it out.

This has not helped my lust for an MV with an I4.

Stock photo, but same color

I still stop, sigh and dream whenever I (rarely) see one on the street.