The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

Crank up the preload if you can do it easily, you don't want to change the entire setup for just one ride.

Today I've done some touring in my usual searching grounds for curvy roads,m the Sauerland region, which is very rural. A nice 200 km ride. I even took a picture to catch some impressions during the one break that I took. :D

View attachment 3557491

In other news, I might get the opportunity soon to ride with a passenger for the first time. A friend of mine needs to get her Ducati serviced, and consequently needs a ride back from the dealer after having left the bike there. And/or to the dealer to pick it up again.
I should at least look for instructions on how to set up the rear suspension for that kind of load in my bike's manual. :D

Cows! I see good ol' fashioned black and white cows!!

Very interesting analysis.

I need some help - does anyone know a place to buy Termignoni spare parts? I've been looking for months, I've emailed Termi and was told to contact a retailer. The retailer says to contact Termi because they don't have a parts fiche for anything Termi makes.

I've seen forum posts from people getting spares, but no one says where or how.

Thank you!

I need the exhaust heat shield for a 2011 Multistrada with the slip on carbon fiber silencer and the right side exhaust silencer heat shield for the Monster 696 with the carbon slip ons.

That sounds a bit like part numbers would be a good idea. :D
It's Italy, part numbers are like traffic laws: merely a suggestion.

That sounds a bit like part numbers would be a good idea. :D
No one has a parts fiche for the components of the exhaust systems - which is part of the problem.

Yeah, one of those exhaust shields/guards is for me - I don't really want to italian chrome (read: carbon fiber) the entire bike if I don't have to, so I'm trying to stick to some regular parts if I can.

Currently in the midst of pouring money on upgrades for shit. Trying to justify why I want full ohlins front and rear...

(This is what happens when trackdays are delayed for the year. Trackday upgrades/go fast bits have reverted to street bike.)

I wish Husqwarna didn't release a Viltpilen/Svartpilen 401.
I like the 701 but I feel it's too much as a "comeback motorcycle", since it's been 15 since I last rode anything.
Now the 401...geez, it checks so many boxes for me.

1590027569211.png

1590027741394.png

One pulled into the shop at the Ducati dealer in Portland when I was there in 2018. I had no idea what it was.

That Husky looks like the driver is an afterthought.

My Revere has run out of TÜV, please talk me out of a VF1100 Sabre