The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

That Husky looks like the driver is an afterthought.

My Revere has run out of TÜV, please talk me out of a VF1100 Sabre
Of course the rider is an afterthought!
It ruins the looks!

PSA- check your axle nuts/lugnuts

Went to take the GS out yesterday and turned right around. All four rear lugnuts were loose ?

Also check the front fork pinch bolts and caliper bolts.

Today I rode with a passenger for the first time ever, and didn't crash or lose her. Great success!
In all seriousness, especially slow cornering was a bit shaky at the beginning, but it all went fine. It helped that it was basically all autobahn and just a few corners at the start and end. :D

Today I rode with a passenger for the first time ever, and didn't crash or lose her. Great success!
In all seriousness, especially slow cornering was a bit shaky at the beginning, but it all went fine. It helped that it was basically all autobahn and just a few corners at the start and end. :D
Success!!

Also, speaking of checks, check yo' rear suspension bolts. *cough*

I bought another yellow 2000 VFR lol

This one belonged to a friend of mine that had the usual Stator/RR issues, he had a friend try to fix it but he ended making it worse.

They both decided to throw in the towel so I was able to scoop it up for a song. Plan is to flip it.

Oooh congrats!! Wait, I'm interested to know the deets etc. Pics?

Do I need another VFR? Honestly, I'd like to find one with a blown engine and good fairings, lights, and Ohlins.

Oooh congrats!! Wait, I'm interested to know the deets etc. Pics?

Thanks! It's somewhat stock only has Heli Riser clip-ons and a Micron slip-on. 28k miles.

VSckEWw.jpg

xf1vJ9G.jpg

6rEOTNE.jpg

Do I need another VFR? Honestly, I'd like to find one with a blown engine and good fairings, lights, and Ohlins.

I know what you mean, I found this really nice one locally that has all the right farkles: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/mcy/d/santa-cruz-99-honda-vfr-800/7145809716.html I don't need 3 VFRs though lol

Dude, that's in mint condition!! Great score!!

Shame the fairing bolts/tie downs are missing, those are OEM parts only.

Shame the fairing bolts/tie downs are missing, those are OEM parts only.

Oh no worries I have those, I removed them to access the R/R to diagnose it.

4790xi.jpg

Thanks! It's somewhat stock only has Heli Riser clip-ons and a Micron slip-on. 28k miles.

VSckEWw.jpg

xf1vJ9G.jpg

6rEOTNE.jpg

I know what you mean, I found this really nice one locally that has all the right farkles: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/mcy/d/santa-cruz-99-honda-vfr-800/7145809716.html I don't need 3 VFRs though lol
I was looking at the photos again and realized this has a rather rare high-mount side exhaust on it. The only exhaust better is the Maverick undertail conversion, but the last time I checked, those got for about $5,000 used if you can find one.