The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I was looking at the photos again and realized this has a rather rare high-mount side exhaust on it. The only exhaust better is the Maverick undertail conversion, but the last time I checked, those got for about $5,000 used if you can find one.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I thought it was some cheap-y Chinese slip-on but once I looked it up I noticed that it's quite a nice piece.

So I bought a QI charger module for my mobile phone mount (installation documentation will be in my thread when the time comes), and as a nice surprise they included a voucher for a month of Calimoto Premium. That's nice. :)

Yes, ban a fast an efficient mode of transportation that reduces congestion. The excuse is to ban them for not being "zero emission" - someone tell these jackwagons that electric bikes are available to purchase *today*.

Idiots.

Ah yes, because bikes are more environmentally damaging than say, a car?

I really need to get back on track for getting a bike. Got my license years ago yet something always came up that needed more attention and money. Maybe I should get some of the gear for Christmas for motivation...

ETA: Called up my insurance agent just to get a feel for rates and insurance on a sub-500cc is surprisingly cheap for me. May end up with one sooner than I thought...

Last edited:
I really need to get back on track for getting a bike. Got my license years ago yet something always came up that needed more attention and money. Maybe I should get some of the gear for Christmas for motivation...

ETA: Called up my insurance agent just to get a feel for rates and insurance on a sub-500cc is surprisingly cheap for me. May end up with one sooner than I thought...
Do it! This is the best time to get into sub 500cc bikes; there's tons of competition right now in that segment.

Do I... do I hear new bike time?!?!
Do it! This is the best time to get into sub 500cc bikes; there's tons of competition right now in that segment.
I have the temptation resistance of a dead salamander. Bike is bought, details later. Didn't have a means of getting it home so it'll be a few days before it's here.

...FUCK! I arrived to late to post the CB500X :p

Last edited:
The WHAT?

I started watching this and thought that I should share it somewhere. I wasn't really sure where to post this, and I don't know if it becomes dull or ends badly. My apologies if either of those things prove to be the case.

I started watching this and thought that I should share it somewhere. I wasn't really sure where to post this, and I don't know if it becomes dull or ends badly. My apologies if either of those things prove to be the case.

Thanks for the link. I remember reading Helge's travel stories in a Swedish motorcycle magazine back in the days.

The last few days I have been watching "Long Way Up" but they doesn't go through the Darien Gap.

Since I read about "Darien's Gap" I've been a bit obsessed with it. Thanks.

Since I read about "Darien's Gap" I've been a bit obsessed with it. Thanks.
These news videos have little to do with the motorcycling video that I posted. The Darien Gap today is a dangerous place in different ways than it was then.

The WHAT?

cb500x-jump.jpg

It looks even more like a Transformer than the outgoing model.