The Gin thread

Alok

The TomTom did it.
Car(s)
Seat Leon Cupra 5F
So, a friend of mine is big on Gin and Tonic, and she is such a fabulous friend, I give her presents from time to time. Since I drink in moderation since last night and even when I do very rarely from now on, I am not very well informed about quality.

What are the best/most exotic brands of Gin out there?

Last edited:
I have only ever had Bombay Sapphire and Gordon's,.. I didn't like either, I hate the fragrance of gin.

But that's just me. :)

I have only ever had Bombay Sapphire and Gordon's,.. I didn't like either, I hate the fragrance of gin.

But that's just me. :)

For the record, I dont really like Gin either ;)

I always got her Hendricks, Gordon and Bombay Sapphire...

Gordon's and Bombay Sapphire are both good, for something different you could try Boodles. I hear the Boodles in Europe is very good, especially compared to the American stuff. Boodles is more subtle and finishes cleaner than Bombay, better for a G & T than a Martini.

Best Martini Gin:

bluecoat-gin.jpg

Gordon's and Bombay Sapphire are both good, for something different you could try Boodles. I hear the Boodles in Europe is very good, especially compared to the American stuff. Boodles is more subtle and finishes cleaner than Bombay, better for a G & T than a Martini.

Best Martini Gin:

bluecoat-gin.jpg

So that means there are different kinds of Gin for different mixes?

As with most alcohol a lot depends on taste. Since a Martini is five parts gin it lends itself to a fruity, citrus-y gin that adds complexity to the drink. A Gin and Tonic is more straightforward, I tend to prefer a more neutral, dry gin.

But I have found the gin for you!

news_PlymouthGin_Croc_Eur6sht.jpg

Plymouth's is the best! It's reasonably priced ($30) and goes great in really any drink. If I was stranded on a desert Island and could only have one drink, it would be gin, and of the gins I'd have to pick Plymouth's. There may be some gins I prefer for one drink or another over Plymouth's, however, Plymouth's is the best all rounder and really makes a great drink any way you cut it.

So...does all gin taste line christmas tree shopping, or what?

This.
http://img21.imageshack.**/img21/3627/tanquerayno10lgid5.jpg
And this.
http://img4.imageshack.**/img4/2420/hayman27sotg750mlindetaoe3.jpg

I'll have to look up some of the stuff I've been served, but I personally keep a bottle of Bombay Sapphire on my desk for G&T's.

Tanqueray 10.

I had Gordon's once a few years ago and absolutely hated it (didn't drink it for 2 years). Now I like it a little bit for some reason.

Another vote for Tanqueray here. I had it in an awesome cocktail last night (Gin, Elderflower, Apple Juice, Lime, Coriander...I think. It was not my first drink of the night).

Took this photo a while ago, but just came back into this thread.
https://pic.armedcats.net/d/du/duckfucksviper/2009/02/22/DSC_1237.jpg

Great photo? No. Great drink? Yep!

Bleargh, Bombay Sapphire is disgusting :puke: I don't understand how so many people like it.

Too each his own. I love it, am yet to have anything else that gave me the same tasting experience.

Straight gin isn't good, but I like G&T from time to time. So I don't have big experience with gin but Beefeater is my favourite:

beefeater%20gin.jpg