• Most of his other DVD's are better

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • Worst Clarkson DVD ever!

Votes: 42 16.8%

• Total voters
They only made one BMW M8:

multipart_xF8FF_2_M8.jpg

:'( could have been such a badass car.

According to a few BMW nuts on one of the many BMW forums my brother frequents, the BMW v8's weigh somewhere around 420lbs

Here's a nice lightweight V8... 200lbs! and 2.6litre's[/u]

Oh here is one of the several places I got the SR20det weights from... There's also a Datsun site the compares the weights of various nissan engines, the CA18det is some 30lbs lighter.

[url]http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7900642&postcount=24

sr20det + trans tips that scales at 650lbs without accesories

m20b25 - 290lbs without accesories

Last edited:
They only made one BMW M8:

:'( could have been such a badass car.
I was never quite enhusiastic about this. The 8-series was quite a wolly car from the start, the V12 engines were rather long legged, being more all torque, no action. I've always prefered the Porsche 928 in that segement. The thing that gets really annoying is the 'detuned McLaren F1 engine myth' that was dreamt up by BMW fanboys. (Explained that here)

Edit; I think we should start a new thread: "Cool engines" :D

Last edited:
That M8 prototype doesn't really fit with the idea of the 8-series too much anyway. It's not meant to be an aggressive car, more of a high-speed touring car. BMW as a whole, doesn't do desperately well with very aggressive cars, civilised high-speed cars are what they're best at, IMHO.

That being said, the M-cars are always fantastic to drive and very fast, but still very civilised.

I'll never understand why Britons are on such a vendetta against American cars. No other nationality from Germans to Japanese rags on American cars half as much as you Brits do.

Properly because the US was their colony long time ago, but now it is the strongest nation in the world, which the UK used to be.

The Brits are just bitter. Their glorious Army lost to a bunch of Farmers and Frenchmen in big boats.

"Flame suit on"... Damn it! How come that doesn't work like in the F4 comics?

The Brits are just bitter. Their glorious Army lost to a bunch of Farmers and Frenchmen in big boats.

"Flame suit on"... Damn it! How come that doesn't work like in the F4 comics?
What war are you talking about? I am a bit of a history-nut, and I've never heard of that in modern history.

What war are you talking about? I am a bit of a history-nut, and I've never heard of that in modern history.
revolutionary_war.jpg

And they say we Americans are stupid...haha, kidding. :tease:

Hardly any relevance to modern brits, but sure. :p

And you yanks were beaten by some very low asians in straw hats with Soviet guns from the 40s. :tease:

Point of Information: Great Britain lost the American Colonies whilst fighting the Colonials, Spanish, Dutch and French simultaneously. Canada stayed with the crown. It should also be remembered that at that time Americans were Brits ethnically speaking, this was before the great sweeps of immigration from Europe of the 1800s and early 1900s. The US left Vietnam in the early 1970s. It would be incorrect to say that they lost militarily as they did not loose as a field army but it would be correct to say that the political aims of the support for the South Vietnamese government espoused at the beginning of the war were not met.

References:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolutionary_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam

Last edited:
Point of Information: Great Britain lost the American Colonies whilst fighting the Colonials, Spanish, Dutch and French simultaneously.

And people say the Americans are war mongers.

You were quite the warriors back in the days. :p

Heck, you even had a colonial war in Egypt in the 50s.

Gentlemen - please. Both of our great nations have had the honor of being over-powered global hegemons. I thought we had a "special relationship".

Sadly the Axis seems to make better cars.

Gentlemen - please. Both of our great nations have had the honor of being over-powered global hegemons. I thought we had a "special relationship".

Sadly the Axis seems to make better cars.

damn.... and i had begun to think that this thread had finally died as it should have 10 pages ago :p

So was Italy.

Haha, I just got it, and as soon as the Mustang took off the line, I realized it was a V6. And a 'vert at that....no wonder it lost.