Votes: 76 30.4%
  • Better than most of his DVD's except [insert DVD name]

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • Most of his other DVD's are better

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • Worst Clarkson DVD ever!

Votes: 42 16.8%

• Total voters
It wasn't the best but it was fine....quite boring actualy.

I can actually see the disappointment in my face now when i look in the mirror.....:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Why dosen't anyone acknowledge the Saleen S7? It was a decent DVD, but not half as entertaining as Top Gear. They got a lot of things wrong in it also. (The Mustang stats) He could of chose some better cars to choose as well, as the ones he did were a bit odd/random. When it comes to "The European Mountain Road" and how we always have straights here, you need a bit more time to discover area's more. Where I live, there's straights, but then there's roads that would rival some European stretches. Don't get me wrong now through, it was pretty good, but PLEASE test the Saleen S7 TT, or perhaps your afraid to show what America can REALLY pelt out?

Next time you head to America, spend some time from anyone here, we're smarter than the average American, know about Europe, and love Top Gear. (Which means we know about European cars). We'll show you what America can really be like!

Last edited:
Yup, I do agree to some extent. At the same time, it was a bit to crude to be really good America-bashing. But I guess it gets the point out there. Americans aren't as good as Europeans when it comes to advanced cars. Personally, I'd like to have a Rousch(?) Mustang. :)

Why dosen't anyone acknowledge the Saleen S7? It was a decent DVD, but not half as entertaining as Top Gear. They got a lot of things wrong in it also. (The Mustang stats) He could of chose some better cars to choose as well, as the ones he did were a bit odd/random. When it comes to "The European Mountain Road" and how we always have straights here, you need a bit more time to discover area's more. Where I live, there's straights, but then there's roads that would rival some European stretches. Don't get me wrong now through, it was pretty good, but PLEASE test the Saleen S7 TT, or perhaps your afraid to show what America can REALLY pelt out?

Next time you head to America, spend some time from anyone here, we're smarter than the average American, know about Europe, and love Top Gear. (Which means we know about European cars). We'll show you what America can really be like!

i dont think you can really blame the stats thing on JC. i havent seen the DVD so im not sure how you can tell what type of mustang it is, (i presume exterior trim, one exhaust pipe are give aways) he probably knew it wasnt the V8 stang, but the producers had him say it was because thats what they initially were wanting to use

im sure they would of asked specifically for the models mentioned, but if you just cant get hold of what you want, you have to make do, improvise and make do.

but i dont get the straight roads thing, i know they are boring, but the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line, and when you have a country as big as the US im pretty sure you'd be glad the engineers decided to use straight roads

i loved the dvd, found it hilarious, i dont think the yanks will like it tho.

Clarkson - "can you name one European country?"
Random Yank - "erm the one with all the kangaroos?"
hahaha priceless

Whatever. I think it was great entertainment. Yes, he really went overboard with America bashing this time, but that's who JC is, so big deal.
It was much more interesting than many of his other DVD's, much more topgear-like.

I can watch his reviews critically, so should you... or not, whatever you feel like :)

This provided me a breath of fresh air while TG is on break and we have to settle for shitty season of FG.

i loved the dvd, found it hilarious, i dont think the yanks will like it tho.

Clarkson - "can you name one European country?"
Random Yank - "erm the one with all the kangaroos?"
hahaha priceless

I thought the guy was drunk... but it's Vegas... not the brightest people there.

I just knew this DVD would spark a lot of criticism from American viewers, which is understandable I suppose. I am saving myself from downloading it seeing as I know I will actually buy the DVD for Christmas and therefore don't want to spoil it...I own every single one of his releases and plan to keep up the routine :thumbsup:

But how does this release shake up in comparison to his previous releases? Bare in mind that this year marks the 10th anniversary of his annual DVDs :D Personally, I think the last release that I actually really liked was 2004's Hot Metal, as Shootout from 2003 had no car destruction and clearly stolen lines from Top Gear and last years Heaven and Hell also felt more of the same. I'm not sure if I share the same opinion as others, but the highlight has always been for me the destruction of an awful car so I hope it is satisfying in this installment.

Come on I read about this b4 I downloaded it, going to America to find a good car. You just knew what was coming b4 you watched it. Thats why I don't understand the critism it is getting. It is a bit like buying a watch and complaining that it tells the time.

As for priceless. the star spangled banner was written a Brit. :D

Hey guys, guess what? It's *gasp* entertainment! And I sure had a good time watching it, so stop QQing....

I thoroughly enjoyed and voted "Best Clarkson DVD ever", I didn't think it was boring at all :)

That Ford GT X1 at the end...just...wow... that fire-spitting engine sounded absolutely awesome. Actually, it sounded very much like the Koenigsegg CCX engine, I thought.

Let's compare the sounds between a Mustang V8 and a Ferrari one - and pretend that we know one is better! To prove this, we'll have Jeremy dance around like a fairy!

Oh, c'mon. You can't tell me that the race-bred Ferrari V8 isn't one of the best noises on the planet.

Another update - He's using the exact same Dodge Viper "Health and Safety" jokes that he did on Top Gear.
OK, I'll give you that one. In fact, some of the script was exactly, precisely the same as on Top Gear. ...But, hey, at least he's consistent! :D

Drives a V6 Mustang and tells us it's a 4.6L V8.
Erm...I'm pretty sure it said "GT" on the back, which makes it a V8.

I'm sorry - did you just call Jeremy Clarkson on Top Gear politically correct? Are you watching the same Top Gear the rest of us are? The one where he openly makes Nazi jokes about German cars?
:lol:

And, as a final disappointment, he says the Ford GT is a great car - and then pretends it isn't American. Which it is.
Is it really? According to Clarkson, the only part of the car that's really American is the engine (which, admittedly, is a fairly crucial part ;)). Can you find me proof that this is wrong?

i feel so ashamed to be an american, when i watch that las vegas scene, I know he probably chose the most stereotypical americans, but.. damn it, the guy named continents, and the one with the kangeroos? the CAPITAL OF FRANCE!!!

I feel that he bashed too hard, It would have been more meaningful to beat American cars honestly and probably take a few hits in some sectors. He has to compare them by their goals as car not their price. Price is such biased gauge. Still though entertaining..

Seems like the poll doesn't exactly match the loudest opinion present here.

And no, I don't think the America bashing was over the top. Europeans like everything American bashed. If you must, take it as envy. Personally I think I'd rather watch a 1 hour long Lovejoy segment than a objective automotive program on modern american cars.

If you can annihilate us all by pressing a tiny red button, I think it's okay that we treat your cars unfair and take a stab at you every once in a while.

/swek
- Voted one of the better ones so far

I liked it actually. As I see, most americans here didnt like the movie. Well, did you expect JC to say all your cars were good? Look at the '94 Buick Park Avenue. If I made a car out of old trash cans it would be better. The interior of pretty much all american cars looks and feels like trash, some exteriors look good but they are made in 10 minutes so you cant give them a clap on the shoulder for the build quality.

BUT, I liked many of the cars aswell. The Roush, viper, corvete z06 and ford gt's was brilliant I think. The challenges was fun and I really loved when he asked people on the streets. Bwhahahaha.. :lol:

I dont want to be mean against americans, I hope you understand that. :comfort:

I loved it, I thought it wa brilliant. Ok some parts were just blatant American bashing but you have to remember its for the UK market, not the US market and that's what sells over here. Most of the comparisons were fairly daft but I thought he actually reviewed most of the cars very fairly and had good things to say about most of them.
Most people wouldn't care/wouldn't know he got some of the facts wrong but at the end of the day it's entertainment, you don't watch a Clarkson dvd to decide what car to buy. I don't think the few bits (and there was only a couple) obviously taken from Top Gear really detracted from the DVD. After all, which entertainer doesn't recycle material?
I also think that it was a fair point about the Ford GT. The only part that is American is the engine.

I thoroughly enjoyed and voted "Best Clarkson DVD ever", I didn't think it was boring at all :)

That Ford GT X1 at the end...just...wow... that fire-spitting engine sounded absolutely awesome. Actually, it sounded very much like the Koenigsegg CCX engine, I thought.

For sure, 700HP is a hell of a lot. That'd be one crazy car to drive.

Oh, c'mon. You can't tell me that the race-bred Ferrari V8 isn't one of the best noises on the planet.

Of course I'm not saying that. However, saying that it's somehow "better" than a classic Mustang V8 is very odd. It's like saying that cheesecake is better than angel food cake. They're both excellent, taste is subjective, so why bother saying one is better than the other?

Erm...I'm pretty sure it said "GT" on the back, which makes it a V8.

No, that was a different shot. Judging by the V6-only wheels, V6 body kit, V6 lack-of-foglamps, and most of all V6 sound, that was without question a base-model Mustang.

I liked it. I'm a Canadian and i have no problem with him bashing the cars we have because 90% of them are garbage.

Clarkson has never been known for his facts...I don?t watch Clarksons videos to get educated i watch them for entertainment. Same goes for Top Gear...Most the stuff on there isnt 100% correct but its still the most watched car show probably ever. Why do people watch it then? For entertainment!

Last edited: