Votes: 76 30.4%
  • Better than most of his DVD's except [insert DVD name]

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • Most of his other DVD's are better

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • Worst Clarkson DVD ever!

Votes: 42 16.8%

• Total voters
Worst Clarkson video ever! I did not laugh once, the jokes were old, the demolition of cars was old and the American bashing is old.

- I love the Roush, what a wicked looking car and the supercharger whine. Oh!
- I love the old Yank muscle cars, they're just in a league of their own.
- I don't care if the Z06 has leaf springs. It's fast, handles relatively well and would most likely be fine on Australian roads. It look great too.
- The XLR looks beautiful. God awful interior but beautiful skin.
- The Dodge Viper is just insane and that's all that matters to me :)

I thought it was good yes, it was very biased but, what else do you expect of Jeremy? He's unapologisingly British. Once more, I don't think it's overly unfair some of the things he said. If you put an average American in the UK, just think for a moment how they would be. ;)

He reused some of the old lines on a few things. It's hard to come up with something new, about the same car.

I think the reason most Americans don't like it is the way Jeremy confronts our society, claiming it as disposable with no sense of time. Which if you think about it, really is true. Most Americans will look at something just two or three years old and want to buy something new obviously, there are some exceptions but well, you get the point. :p

Um...we make cars? :D

(I'm not saying we don't manufacture them, but I can't think of a single auto-maker that originated in Canada)

Bricklin, y0! 8)

I am not familiar with the car you are talking about, but using it and the DeLorian to fight, is it a bit like Lancia and Fiat agruing about who had the worst electrics in the 70s?

I am not familiar with the car you are talking about, but using it and the DeLorian to fight, is it a bit like Lancia and Fiat agruing about who had the worst electrics in the 70s?

http://img441.imageshack.**/img441/8719/bricklines7.jpg

^ Bricklin SV-1
you could buy a relatively inexpensive car with gullwings a little while before the DeLorean DMC came out. They arent really competitors, but their party piece is the same

Have to say it looks a bit more pretty compared to the DeLorean. No offense to DeLorean-peeps and anyone else from Ireland.

You americans can't argue that American cars have a lower build quality than Eoru, and especially Jap cars though. I was at this Auto show, and even the Viper had huuge panelgaps etc... The GMC SUV was utterly horrible...
Have you seen the panel gaps in the new Jag XK?

Ha!

LB-Jaguar_XK_81427g.jpg

Name 3 good and american offroaders.
Hurrrrrrr

Hummer H1
Jeep Cherokee
Ford Bronco
Chevy Blazer
Dodge Ram
Ford F-series
Chevy Silverado
International Scout
And the new H3 is pretty damn good too, better than the Toyota FJ and Land Rover Freelander

Last edited:
Um...we make cars? :D

(I'm not saying we don't manufacture them, but I can't think of a single auto-maker that originated in Canada)

The only thing that bothers me is when something is blatantly wrong (eg.: "Supercharger wacking the fuel in").

Ack! I think we all know what he'd have to say about the Cobalt (rubbish interior build quality, torque-steer, understeer, etc.). He's already tested the STS-V on Top Gear. Dodge Charger = Chrysler 300C with different body (and maybe different suspension, but that's it).

Er, I think you mean Dodge Ram. And, perhaps you ignored the pretext to the race: he said that some Americans would actually call the Ram "fast". He was comparing what Americans consider "fast" to what Europeans consider "fast".

So, you like air seeping into your car making it cold and noisy?
Marcos TSO = Canadian car

Blatantly wrong, like showing what is clearly a V6 Mustang and saying it has 300hp, 4.6L V8, etc etc just so your comparison works out the way you wrote it? Not to mention the Shelby has 5.4L V8 making 500hp. Or that the Mustang 390 is better in every way than anything Europe made in 1968, except for a few Ferraris. Certainly better than everything England made.

He tested the CTS-V on Top Gear, the STS-V has a 4.4L V8 making 469hp, AWD, and higher build quality than a Bimmer 5 series or Audi S4.

The Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged is faster than a Honda Civic Si, Ford Focus RS, VW Golf GTI, etc around a track. Its been tested.

You can get a Dodge Ram with the 500hp V10 from a Viper.

Filling up a car with water is fucking stupid. There's no argument.

Thats a press photo, you can't tell anything from that :/

http://www.lokisnake.com/img/xk3.jpg
The picture you provided shows the terrible body panel gaps even better! You can even see the hood gap from that low angle.

Ugh, I just got to the part with the Dodge Ram. I bet Jeremy forgot the Land Rover Defender rides on solid axles. Oh, the Ram 1500 Hemi will run a 16 second quarter mile.

The last part of the DVD reminded me about a cool video of someone who knows what he's doing flogging a GT, Z06, and SRT10:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2OWa_YIPp0

Last edited:
Ack! I think we all know what he'd have to say about the Cobalt (rubbish interior build quality, torque-steer, understeer, etc.). He's already tested the STS-V on Top Gear. Dodge Charger = Chrysler 300C with different body (and maybe different suspension, but that's it).
I think we all know what Jeremy is going to say about the new XKR or whatever new Ferrari supercar to come out, but we still want to see it, right?

The Cobalt SS is our idea of a "hot hatch" but without a hatch. Its a plenty fast car with a decent interior. I'd personally like to see it tested. The STS was never tested, let alone the STS-V. And the Charger SRT8 is a more performance oriented model then the 300C. It's also cheaper and you get most, if not all, of the same toys.

epp_b said:
Er, I think you mean Dodge Ram. And, perhaps you ignored the pretext to the race: he said that some Americans would actually call the Ram "fast". He was comparing what Americans consider "fast" to what Europeans consider "fast".
I've never heard someone call the Dodge Ram "fast" without also adding ", for a truck" afterwards. If they really think Americans consider the Dodge Ram "fast", then they are even more deluded and out of touch then I originally thought.

epp_b said:
So, you like air seeping into your car making it cold and noisy?
I live in the Sonoran Desert, so if crappy build quality will make my car "cold", the I say bring it on.

The old Lincoln Towncars were absolute crap. Everyone knows that. But the thing about that test is that most of the water was escaping through the door seems. Which means the condition of the rubber door seals is most likely the deciding factor. I just wonder if the Lincoln even had the rubber seals... or if someone removed them.

#1) I'd take those vented covers off the back side windows of the Roush Mustang.

#2) JC's misinformation on the V6 base vs V8 GT mustang was unforgiveable.

#3) If the Ford GT is British, then the Lotus, with it's Toyota Engine, and the Ariel with it's HOnda Engine, are Japanese.

#4) How is the Toyota Prius an American car? Not only did he use the 3+ year old model...but isn't it a Japanese car?

#5) Tourists in Las Vegas are not representative of the nation. Just as people who take caravan holidays are not representative of your ilk, Mr. Clarckson. Hell, I'm from rural Mid-west and most of the people visiting Vegas make ME sick!

#6) The perfect Mustang: the supercharged Jaguar engine, Roush's suspension set-up, and the hood from the GTH-350 Rental car/the Shelby Concept. Granted, the interior would still suck, but still...

#7) I wish his DVD's were edited like Top Gear...otherwise they just seem like something that would be ain a discount-bin, shrink wrapped to a "Jerry Springer, too-hot-for TV" DVD.

#8) I prefer the sound of a burbly V8 over the high-reving Ferrari's sport bike sound. Don't get me wrong, I know for certain that the ferrari engine is the better engine...I just prefer the lower register...almost a Harley "potato-potato-potato" sound.

#9)
Erm...I'm pretty sure it said "GT" on the back, which makes it a V8.
Umm...no, it didn't. So, no...it doesn't.

#10)
If you can annihilate us all by pressing a tiny red button
Actually, it's two red buttons, and a key...that way you can't accidentally set it off yourself. You're welcome. ;)

#11) I could give a shit about the "America-Bashing". I mean, there are enough US television shows that make fun of British teeth, cooking, and how we had to save them in "the war."

#12) The main reason so many american cars' interiors are crap, is because of US environmental law. It states that a certain percentage of materials MUSt be made out of recycled materials, in cars built in the US.

#13) Complaining about the Z06's every-day driveability, and then comparing a Mustang to an Exige was really lame. (Note: I'm not taking that as anti-american...imagine if he said the Monaro was a very good car...but look how bad it handles compared to a Radical. That means the Monaro is a very bad car.) The Exige, if I remember right, doesn't even have a radio or electric windows.

#14) He should have tested the SRT-10 Ram...pick-up truck with a viper engine.

#15)
You don't want a sophisticated truck --
Could you tell that to Lincoln, please? They didn't learn their lesson from the Blackwood. :p

#16) Should have done the Range Rover (the quintessential British 4x4) against either a Jeep Wrangler or a Jeep Cherokee (ignoring the stupid SRT-8 version, or any of the models that aren't "trail rated")

#17) Anyone looking for a sporty car would know that any version of the 300C is NOT sporty, just by looking at it. Anyone who says people think otherwise, is lying.

#18) I live in the US, and I'd say about 95% of my driving is done on either 65mph, 5 lane freeways, or stop-and-go city traffic. So, that means, that 95% of the time, a car with a fast straight-line score is fine in my book if it's suspension is a little soft to take a sharp left at 60.

#19) Again, the America bashing doesn't offend me at all...I don't like it when something is just...stupid. *shrugs*

~nj?

edit: Oh, and Harley Davidson motorcycles are not meant to be an "Ariel Atom-equivilant." Light, agile, and scary fast? What? Harleys are cruisers...not sport bikes.

Last edited:
At least the opening and closing music was different. And better than that generic "rock" music.

Gee, Jeremy thinks Americans are stupid, fat and have a sexual interest in our sisters. Deep thoughts there. Odd how he is trying to convey just how elan and chic Europeans are, but in the process is reduced to childish, worn out jibbering.

I am sure in Europe, one can watch this and and feel a sense of pride. More power to you. Now look around your house and your city, and see how much America has infiltrated your culture and your life. By the way, when using this forum...what language do you use?

In the end, we win. :tease:

Oh...dont like that, huh? Seems a bit...I dunno...arrogant? Pretty nasty low blow words I used, huh?

Try watching that DVD again. Please. I implore you to do so. My point is, Americans dont wake up in the morning and think "well, gahl-LEEE! Im awesome! Much better dem der europeeeans!"

Im just fed up with getting dumped on, and not understanding why.

Last edited:
Marcos TSO = Canadian car

Blatantly wrong, like showing what is clearly a V6 Mustang and saying it has 300hp, 4.6L V8, etc etc just so your comparison works out the way you wrote it? Not to mention the Shelby has 5.4L V8 making 500hp. Or that the Mustang 390 is better in every way than anything Europe made in 1968, except for a few Ferraris. Certainly better than everything England made.

He tested the CTS-V on Top Gear, the STS-V has a 4.4L V8 making 469hp, AWD, and higher build quality than a Bimmer 5 series or Audi S4.

The Chevy Cobalt SS Supercharged is faster than a Honda Civic Si, Ford Focus RS, VW Golf GTI, etc around a track. Its been tested.

You can get a Dodge Ram with the 500hp V10 from a Viper.

Filling up a car with water is fucking stupid. There's no argument.

The picture you provided shows the terrible body panel gaps even better! You can even see the hood gap from that low angle.

Ugh, I just got to the part with the Dodge Ram. I bet Jeremy forgot the Land Rover Defender rides on solid axles. Oh, the Ram 1500 Hemi will run a 16 second quarter mile.

The last part of the DVD reminded me about a cool video of someone who knows what he's doing flogging a GT, Z06, and SRT10:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2OWa_YIPp0

the STS-V isnt AWD, and when it only costs $4K less than the M5 it really is a no brainer which one id choose. On a track, according to BestMotoring, it is much slower than the RS4 which costs $10K less. Its better than things Cadillac used to produce in the past, but it doesnt really stack up to the competition.

#12) The main reason so many american cars' interiors are crap, is because of US environmental law. It states that a certain percentage of materials MUSt be made out of recycled materials, in cars built in the US.
The 2007 Chevy Tahoe causes less enviornmental damage than a 2007 Prius, even including the gas they burn in their lifetimes. The Tahoe is built with recycled materials and on top of that the Prius' batteries and electronics need to be disposed of in a very expensive manner.
Im just fed up with getting dumped on, and not understanding why.
Seriously, and on top of that Clarkson would never admit that Aston Martin is pulling out of Le Mans because its costing them way too much to stay competetive with the Corvettes.

The 2007 Chevy Tahoe causes less enviornmental damage than a 2007 Prius, even including the gas they burn in their lifetimes. The Tahoe is built with recycled materials and on top of that the Prius' batteries and electronics need to be disposed of in a very expensive manner.

Do you have any serious evidence of this? I'd love to see it.

On the topic of the film, I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed to see Clarkson stoop so low to make a point.

Seriously, and on top of that Clarkson would never admit that Aston Martin is pulling out of Le Mans because its costing them way too much to stay competetive with the Corvettes.

http://img397.imageshack.**/img397/5910/2006chevroletcorvetteatsk2.jpg
^
Five Le Mans wins in the last six years... :tease:

Do you have any serious evidence of this? I'd love to see it.

On the topic of the film, I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed to see Clarkson stoop so low to make a point.
Yep:
http://crasch.livejournal.com/tag/libertarianism

Spinella spent two years on the most comprehensive study to date ? dubbed "Dust to Dust" -- collecting data on the energy necessary to plan, build, sell, drive and dispose of a car from the initial conception to scrappage. He even included in the study such minutia as plant-to-dealer fuel costs of each vehicle, employee driving distances, and electricity usage per pound of material. All this data was then boiled down to an "energy cost per mile" figure for each car (see here and here

Comparing this data, the study concludes that overall hybrids cost more in terms of overall energy consumed than comparable non-hybrid vehicles. But even more surprising, smaller hybrids' energy costs are greater than many large, non-hybrid SUVs.

For instance, the dust-to-dust energy cost of the bunny-sized Honda Civic hybrid is $3.238 per mile. This is quite a bit more than the $1.949 per mile that the elephantine Hummer costs. The energy cots of SUVs such as the Tahoe, Escalade, and Navigator are similarly far less than the Civic hybrid.
As for Hummers, Spinella explains, the life of these cars averaged across various models is over 300,000 miles. By contrast, Prius' life ? according to Toyota's own numbers ? is 100,000 miles. Furthermore, Hummer is a far less sophisticated vehicle. Its engine obviously does not have an electric and gas component as a hybrid's does so it takes much less time and energy to manufacture. What's more, its main raw ingredient is low-cost steel, not the exotic light-weights that are exceedingly difficult to make ? and dispose. But the biggest reason why a Hummer's energy use is so low is that it shares many components with other vehicles and therefore its design and development energy costs are spread across many cars.

It is not possible to do this with a specialty product like hybrid. All in all, Spinella insists, the energy costs of disposing a Hummer are 60 percent less than an average hybrid's and its design and development costs are 80 percent less.

http://thewatt.com/article-1070-nested-1-0.html

122751397_169d63a4de_o.gif

122751405_b7f9644be9_o.gif

Hmm...not sure a livejournal blog post qualifies as "serious evidence." No offense. ;)