The Grand Tour 'most illegally downloaded TV programme in history'

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Mazda MX-5 NB ringmeet fashion accessory
Don't you eat up bandwidth either way? :?

Yes, but only once, not every time I re-watch it. ;)

I wonder how many of those are people that just can't get Amazon Prime in their country, they've not much choice really. That part at least, is Amazon's fault.

Apparently the biggest culprit is the UK, but I guess many won't want to pay ?80+ a year to watch what is essentially Top Gear on pay TV.

And for the first time ever, I didn't contribute to it. :p

I wonder how many territories GT is being watched in? Old TG used to boast about being in 150+, I wonder if that has gone up or down?

Oh down for sure purely because Amazon prime isn't available as widely as the BBC is.

Is this even considered TV?
In any case, where are they getting the Game of Thrones numbers?

TorrentFreak said:
?Game of Thrones? Most Pirated TV-Show of 2015BY ERNESTO ON DECEMBER 27, 2015 C: 40

For the fourth year in a row Game of Thrones has taken the crown for the most pirated TV-show on the Internet. The Walking Dead is firmly in second place, followed by The Big Bang Theory.

got5Game of Thrones has the honor of becoming the most downloaded TV-show for the fourth year in a row.

With an estimated 14.4 million downloads via BitTorrent, the 2015 season finale has beaten the competition by a landslide.

That's not even close...

What I found more interesting (but, given the fact that TGT turned out to be "worst of Top Gear", not surprising), is that piracy numbers have halfed since the pilot...

What I found more interesting (but, given the fact that TGT turned out to be "worst of Top Gear", not surprising), is that piracy numbers have halfed since the pilot...

That is often the case when people have a look to see what the hype is about. New Top Gear was pretty much the same and it's first episode was by far its most viewed live and on iPlayer (not sure about piracy downloads). We all know what happened after that.

The question is, can TGT keep it fresh enough and mix in challenges, epic road trips and a bit of car stuff, or are they going to stick to a very similar format every week?

Ironically, I guess these figures are actually going to be the only pointer for some sort of viewing figures we will have available...

That is often the case when people have a look to see what the hype is about. New Top Gear was pretty much the same and it's first episode was by far its most viewed live and on iPlayer (not sure about piracy downloads). We all know what happened after that.
New Top Gear (if by "new" you mean Evansgear and not CHM Top Gear) sucked hairy donkey balls as well, so the phenomenon indeed is the same.

Damn UKers illegally downloading stuff!

Yeah. You should not support any sites that directly or indirectly links to or supports rip-offs in any way!

A little bit of fib and quite a bit of hyperbole in that statement. They will find a way to back themselves up; I read somewhere that it is the most pirated programme which is in its first season. Besides if it was aired in UK by BBC then most of the people would have watched it on Telly & iplayer and there would have been far less downloads.

Besides if it was aired in UK by BBC then most of the people would have watched it on Telly & iplayer and there would have been far less downloads.

If I recall, BBC lawyers were weighing in on illegal access to TGUK in the latter CHM episodes, sending out 'don't mention TG torrents' warnings to forums such as this and limiting BBC iPlayer access when it spotted a VPN IP. Then they managed to reduce TGUK pirating to nearly zero by having Chris Evans take over - a clever move :p