The Grand Tour

Imagined conversation in the BBC middle management department:

"HAHAHAH! We've got him now!"
"What are you talking about?"
"That Grand Tour title -- it's too much like Top Gear!"
"Eh?"
"Grand Tour. GT. Reverse the initials! it's Top Gear backwards!"
"Oh, for god's sake --"
"Look, you know who our viewers are, they'll buy any argument so long as it makes Clarkson look like the total prick that he is, right?"
"So?"
"So we sue Amazon on this name basis, get them to cancel the show, then we sue Clarkson for breach of contract and win, then take his money to fund the Chris Evans TG. God knows we need the money, and so does he."
"But--"
"Then, as a 'gesture of goodwill' to his so-called 'fans,' we put Clarkson back on the payroll, a 'proper' payroll not like those super-expensive 'contractor' jobs we've been doing, and we make him present positive documentaries on wind power and carbon taxes being the saviors of the planet--"
"He won't go for it."
"He'll have no choice. He's got to realize that him punching out one of us was the worst thing that could happen to him."
"Um--"
"What?"
"If that's the worst thing that happened to him, how come all the bad news that happened to the BBC happened *after* we sacked him?"
"Oh, shut up and call Legal."

GT_LandingPage_Header._V272879589_.jpg

After months of deliberation and lots of useful suggestions from the public, for which the guys are very grateful, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May have decided that, because they are taking their new Amazon Prime Show around the world, it will be called The Grand Tour.

Not only will the guys travel to different locations, but for the first time ever the studio audience recordings will travel every week, all housed within a giant tent. Amazon customers will have the chance to be in the audience when tickets are released through prize draws this summer.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/?tag=skim1x149953-21&node=10257739031

Jeremy Clarkson

We have 12 shows. One is a Christmas thing. That means 11 locations for our tent. Many requests from Mexico.

Last edited:
Same day when new TG confirmed their on-air date, they roll out this. Also I hope someone from FG does get to be a part of the audience.

I suggested Detroit on Clarkson's Q&A on Facebook. If they come here, I'll try to get tickets.

The worldwide amazon marketing machine has started:

26954504775_8184e2ae1b_o.png

Reverse Top Gear... Clever bastards. :D

Can't wait.

Never have been happier to be a long-time Amazon Prime member.

I'm glad to see they are intending to have a studio [tent] live audience. I was concerned they might let that idea go but I see it as a real plus to retain.

At first I was disappointed--no puns, wordplay, etc.
But on reflection, "Grand Tour" is a good and fitting title: the phrase has always had a dashing, wanderlust feeling, and since every aspect of the new show will be on the move, the title is clearly appropriate.

Generic and boring name, I know it makes sense and is "really clever dontyouknow" but I'd like to have seen the boys do their last few seasons with a "lol". This just sounds like they're being way too serious.

If these "tent shows" are global, now my chances of watching the trio live are finally better than zero. Probably.

I must say I really like the name, it's classy unlike the lads.

I really hope we will see a lot of cheap car challenges and such.

With the show being on the road, I suppose that will have implications on the content. I guess they won't have a "GT" test track for keeping a list of lap times for the cars they test? If not, then the silver lining is they'll be testing cars in different locations, rather than just at Dunsfold week after week, like before.