The Grand Tour

in previous top gear the timed laps by the stig were recorded in advance as well, they could keep doing it like this
but i hope the format changed enough, so it doesn't even look remotely like the old top gear anymore!

Damn.

I was hoping for "Gearknobs".

Hmmm.... Perhaps invite them to CraigB's track for the odd Americana episode? "This week, our tent is in America - next to that most American of tracks, a drag strip!"

Should Craig be willing and should they accept, all the North American FGers could converge on the place. It'd be a nice get together for the guys - and the people who kicked open the door of North American fame and popularity for them so many years ago. :D

Hmmm.... Perhaps invite them to CraigB's track for the odd Americana episode? "This week, our tent is in America - next to that most American of tracks, a drag strip!"

Should Craig be willing and should they accept, all the North American FGers could converge on the place. It'd be a nice get together for the guys - and the people who kicked open the door of North American fame and popularity for them so many years ago. :D

It could be a fun time. Instead of Ringmeet, it's MoKanmeet.

Will Viper be renaming this forum to the new show title?

:lol:

What? "Final Tour"? Sounds a bit morbid, if you know what I mean :p

He probably meant just the name of this sub-forum, which still doesn't reflect the show title choice [/CptObviousSpoilingTheFun] :p

He probably meant just the name of this sub-forum, which still doesn't reflect the show title choice [/CptObviousSpoilingTheFun] :p

Yes.

I think Jeremy said on twitter or fb that it was already Trademarked. Not sure if true though.

Their company, W Chump and Sons, registered Gear Knobs as a trademark however as Jeremy said in a recent Sunday Times column they later discovered that anything containing the words "top" or "gear" was out because BBC lawyers.

Will Viper be renaming this forum to the new show title?

What? "Final Tour"? Sounds a bit morbid, if you know what I mean :p

Yes but "Farewell Tour" is already an accepted phrase. There are some bands that seem to do a new farewell tour every couple of years. :D

It could be a fun time. Instead of Ringmeet, it's MoKanmeet.

I would literally chew off my left arm if I had to to get there if this ever happened. No lie.

Yes but "Farewell Tour" is already an accepted phrase. There are some bands that seem to do a new farewell tour every couple of years. :D

I just had to think of the term "final journey", which (at least in German, "letzte Reise") means doing it in a car like this:

serveimage

:p

Press Release

Clarkson, Hammond & May Announce The Name Of Their Amazon Prime Show

After months of deliberation and lots of useful suggestions from the public, for which the guys are very grateful, Amazon has today announced that Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & James May have chosen a name

Because they are taking their new Amazon Prime show around the world, they have decided it will be called:
The Grand Tour

TheGrandTour_UK_resize.jpg

SEATTLE/LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 11, 2016 09:00 AM Eastern Daylight Time-- (NASDAQ:AMZN)??Thing is,? said Jeremy Clarkson, ?We?ll be travelling the world hosting each episode in a different country, from a giant tent. It?s a sort of ?grand tour,? if you like. So we?ve decided to call it ?The Grand Tour.??

James May admitted to being underwhelmed by the name. ?I wanted to call it ?Nigel,? or ?Roger.? We needed a name, and they?re names.?

Richard Hammond was more positive. ?I already love camping,? he enthused, ?But this is something else. We are like our pioneering and prospecting forebears, sallying forth into a new frontier of broadcasting, and making our home where...? But at this point Clarkson and May strangled him with a guy rope.

The Amazon Prime show will feature short films shot in different locations around the globe and the studio audience portion of the showcase will also take place at a different location around the world every week. The pre-recorded studio sections of the program will be filmed in front of a live audience, all housed within a giant tent. Therefore in this spirit of travel, adventure and intrigue, the presenters have decided to call the show The Grand Tour.

?Well, that took a while...? said Jay Marine, VP of Amazon Video Europe. ?After nine months of deep thought, debate and deliberation, the guys have come up with a name that reflects the global ambition of the new show. The Grand Tour will be one of the most anticipated TV launches ever, and we?re excited to be bringing it to Amazon Prime customers around the world this autumn.?

The Grand Tour will launch this fall for Amazon Prime members and the new travelling format means Amazon customers around the world will have the chance to be in the audience when tickets are released through a sweepstakes this summer. Details of the location schedule and information on how to apply for tickets will be announced shortly. Fans can follow The Grand Tour on Facebook (www.facebook.com/thegrandtour) and Twitter (www.twitter.com/thegrandtour) and at www.amazon.com/thegrandtour (http://www.amazon.co.uk/thegrandtour) (http://www.amazon.de/thegrandtour) to get news about the show first.

Amazon announced in 2015 that Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May would reunite to make a new car show available for Amazon Prime members. The show is produced by the trio?s long-time executive producer Andy Wilman. The award-winning team have committed to three series as part of this landmark global TV deal. The first series went into production in late 2015, and the series will premiere for Prime members this fall/autumn (2016).

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=176060&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2167447
http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=251199&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2167479
http://amazon-presse.de/Top-Navi/Pr...html?pid=a837cf13-f45b-4f0b-8c7b-63772c768ba6
http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160511005835/en/

Last edited:
This is how myths and legends are born :)

The Grand Tour? How come the BBC can block the words 'Top' and 'Gear', yet Channel 4, who produced Kevin McCloud's Grand Tour and his Grand Designs, don't seem to be fussed?:think: