The Grand Tour

I think the new name works, although I'm not sure about the claim the BBC could stop them using "top" or "gear" in the new name the BBC didn't stop fifth gear using its name and that was a pretty clearly a play on topgear.
Frankly I think the BBC lost their minds when they let Clarkson go, as I said at the time the real world frendship of the three hosts would mean they would all leave, they had said as much when they talked about Hamonds accident and what they would have done if he had died. I think the 'boys' + Willman are TG, whatever the name of the show is and I think GT will still be around after TG has gone the way of the Dodo.
On an international note (I'm in Australia) Ch 9 here have the rights to TG and broadcast the last couple of seasons on TG in prime time usually only a short time after it was on in the UK so far I've not seen any advertising for the broadcasting of new TG and nine usually broadcast adds for upcoming shows months in advance.

The BBC sold the format rights to Channel 5 for Fifth Gear before Clarkson started new Top Gear. The format Fifth Gear uses was the one Top Gear used to have, at least it did initially.

Back then Top Gear wasn't a big brand and certainly not an international one. The current situation is VERY different.

Logo leaked out.

QLORAZN.jpg

From Hamster's Facebook

Right, well, that saves us the bother of thinking up a clever way to unveil our new show's logo: It has leaked. Not in the way my Landie leaks oil or James May leaks if he laughs or goes on a trampoline, I mean leaks as in the secret is out.
Serves us right for trying to secure a European trademark. All things European proving a little tricky this week.

Right, just saw that, came here to post, +rep for beating me to it.

I don't like it.
I'll grow to like it.
Even if I didn't it's just a logo who gives a damn.

That is all.

I like it. Good branding emphasis on the GT, and the nostalgic throwback design conveys the glamor of the Grand Tour concept.

It's very 80's, I like it, has a nostalgic feeling.

I can almost picture the word TURBO, in this same style, written on a 1985 electric shaver.

It's very 80's, I like it, has a nostalgic feeling.

I can almost picture the word TURBO, in this same style, written on a 1985 electric shaver.

Or maybe a Saaaaab.... Specifically our favorite LCG's Saaaaaab.

I expect these stripes are going to be a challenge to put on properly.

...and now with them installed, it has abandoned any pretense of being a sleeper.

So when are the keychains coming out? Come on amazon, that's 5 million sold before the first program even airs :p

Keychains, yes. And bumper stickers. And window decals. And luggage tags. And whatever other crap they can think of. I want it all.

1980s Ford called. They want their GT logo back.

Yes, these are factory:
DSCF1665.jpg

1983_00007_04.jpg

Detail of the fender badge type on the silver car above-
os-df0706_7431.jpg

There was also the one on the very rare 1983-84 Mustang GT Turbo (no, NOT the SVO.)
1982-1983-1984-1985-1986-ford-mustang-17.jpg

Last edited:
I would have preferred red to orange, but anyway, I wonder if the font used is a pre-existing one or special designed for this logo.

The colours and font remind me of the Aus. V8 Supercars logo.

Also JC and RH were on their facebook pages (thought it was a Q&A but it was announcing their Jo'burg show tickets) and still getting to grips with the live app. :lol:

Last edited:
^ how does one get such an invitation?