The Grand Tour

They didn't say which hemisphere... Autumn is not until march 2017 in the Southern hem.
So they were clever. They did not mention which autumn they meant.

[video=youtube;g-ABVtR-nXQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-ABVtR-nXQ[/video]

Aren't these tent filmings being done at a rather slow rate if this thing is going to be out within the next 2 or 3 months?

Do we know if some episodes will not have a tent or all 12 will have a live audience?

Last edited:
Richard Porter handled Clarkson's Sunday Times car column this week. This was printed at the end:

Richard Porter is script editor for The Grand Tour, which starts on Amazon Prime later this year.

Richard Porter handled Clarkson's Sunday Times car column this week. This was printed at the end:
Thanks for that heads up. I am actually glad he is back in the fold.

Well that clip underlines what was wrong with TGUK's 'Ginger' series.

It also has me even more excited for The Grand Tour S01E01 to arrive on my screen :)

In the Top Gear days, there was always talk of a "live and celebrated television execution," usually after Richard Hammond suggested camping on a road trip or someone ran into the back of James May on a treacherous piece of road. But with The Grand Tour, we might get that execution, because the new show is visiting the grisly sets of Game of Thrones.

That's according to Executive Producer Andy Wilman, who said host Jeremy Clarkson will drive through the epic fantasy show's set as one of the stunts during the show's first season. Wilman didn't reveal any more on the Game of Thrones angle, but pairing Clarkson with GoT should make for a memorable sequence. That's especially true if the TGT team can rope in stars like Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, or Emilia Clarke. But beyond the chance for cameos, we're expecting some kind of silly stunt. Perhaps Daenerys goes all dracarys on Clarkson, or he's simply beheaded.

Digital Spy reports Wilman made his comments at the Edinburgh International Television Festival, confirming the Game of Thrones sequence and revealing that filming was complete on 90 percent of the first 12-episode season. Even better? The show will stream in stunning 4K resolution. But the bigger reveal from Wilman is how The Grand Tour will differ from Top Gear ? it "doesn't have a boxset/binge appeal," which supports the unusual (for a streaming show) weekly release schedule. That sounds a hell of a lot different than TG, which despite its hour-long format is still digestible in big doses. And that's by design. Wilman said there was a lot of conflict about what the new show could and couldn't get away with.

"We had meetings about can James May still say 'cock' or will the BBC sue?," Wilman said, which is probably hyperbole.

The Grand Tour is still on pace for a debut this fall, but there's still no official date yet.

http://www.autoblog.com/2016/08/24/jeremy-clarkson-game-of-thrones-grand-tour-report/

(quote from autoblog)

Whaaat? Game of Thrones + TGT = Showgasm

Also, I guess I finally have a reason to buy a 4K projector! Amazing. I have a 25 Mbps connection... I hope that's sufficient! People say 15 Mbps is required, so technically I'm above that threshold, but then there's 5.1 (or 7.1) audio... I wonder if that's taken into consideration as well.

Anyone know if this has been filmed? i'd like to watch the whole thing rather than reading snippets on clickbait news sites

Spoiler.

Here it is Andy Wilman at the Edinburgh International Television Festival

The Grand Tour Masterclass

[video=youtube;-yLzAU48ruA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLzAU48ruA[/video]

Awesome, I'm watching this right now at work.

Thanks for posting it!

Here it is Andy Wilman at the Edinburgh International Television Festival

The Grand Tour Masterclass

[video=youtube;-yLzAU48ruA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLzAU48ruA[/video]

Caught this on Jalopnik today, great watch. Very interesting to hear about what went on and what is going on.

In his response to the question at 24:50:

Something - we never analyzed it - but something happened where people wanted to watch it around the world.

I think we here at FinalGear know exactly what it was that happened. :D

'... we have written all the unscripted scripts ... '! :D