The great FG postcard swap!

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
DÖNER
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
About a year ago, I chose a few random members and asked them if they wanted to get a postcard from me.
25 of you thought it was a good idea and postcards were sent. As far as I know, most of them arrived. Some people even sent one back. :D
With that said, I am disclosing what I did because it was very enjoyable to get the random postcard in the mail, sometimes nearly a year after I sent mine so anyone willing to get a postcard just needs to send me a PM.:mrgreen:

It's only half the fun if the recipient knows of the postcard beforehand. :D

Well, unless you people start giving me each other's addresses, I can't surprise anyone. :lol:

I would do this, but I think some of you are either radical terrorists, or pretending to be as a government agent.

:tease:

Compile the list of addresses, then drawing names out of a hat, send each person someone else's address?
Everyone sends one, everyone gets one, but like secret santa no one knows who it's from until they get it?

I still have a few postcards left from the pack I bought last time, and for the LTV, so count me in. (Do you still have my address?)

I can give you mine and you give me yours and then I will or maybe will not send you a postcard, and you can or maybe can not send me one...you know, to make it a bit more suspensful :D

:D

I would do this, but I think some of you are either radical terrorists, or pretending to be as a government agent.

:tease:

:lol:

Compile the list of addresses, then drawing names out of a hat, send each person someone else's address?
Everyone sends one, everyone gets one, but like secret santa no one knows who it's from until they get it?

I still have a few postcards left from the pack I bought last time, and for the LTV, so count me in. (Do you still have my address?)

Hey, that's a nice idea! We could even include something small and cheap, like a keychain.
I still have all the addresses, so unless someone moved (like public) I have 26 valid addresses.

I moved too and will be moving again in a few weeks.

Well, keep us updated!

I remember this! But I never got a card :(

I actually was a member of www.postcrossing.com for a bit. Its a really cool experiment and you get cards from all over the world.

I remember this! But I never got a card :(

I actually was a member of www.postcrossing.com for a bit. Its a really cool experiment and you get cards from all over the world.

Really?
DAMN!

I sent one to your PO box, but I suspected not all of the 27 arrived. :(
I'll try again. :)

PM me for a new address. I no longer use that box.

About a year ago, I chose a few random members and asked them if they wanted to get a postcard from me.
25 of you thought it was a good idea and postcards were sent. As far as I know, most of them arrived. Some people even sent one back. :D
With that said, I am disclosing what I did because it was very enjoyable to get the random postcard in the mail, sometimes nearly a year after I sent mine so anyone willing to get a postcard just needs to send me a PM.:mrgreen:

I'm in!:cool:

Hey, that's a nice idea! We could even include something small and cheap, like a keychain.
Yup, I'd be in! Perhaps we could put a list of the participants' usernames in this thread for people to pick one and PM Redliner for the address.

I still have all the addresses, so unless someone moved (like public) I have 26 valid addresses.
I think the one I gave you at the time is no longer valid... if the ZIP code is 50933, it's the wrong address.

cool, lets keep this going, i'm in :)
address is still the same for me, so redliner should have that around somewhere.

Added!

Well, you have my address already :)

You're in round 2, obviously.
Also, the keychain never arrived. :(

Yup, I'd be in! Perhaps we could put a list of the participants' usernames in this thread for people to pick one and PM Redliner for the address.

I think the one I gave you at the time is no longer valid... if the ZIP code is 50933, it's the wrong address.

I hope this does not turn into a monster. :lol:
I'll check your address.

cool, lets keep this going, i'm in :)
address is still the same for me, so redliner should have that around somewhere.

I do. :)

So, Redliner, do I send you mine or? How's this going to work?

Well, send me your address and I'll send you mine. That's the basic idea. :lol:
I think other people could join, and if they're fine with it, we could make a Google docs list where people could just pick someone and send a postcard? :dunno:
I don't know, I'm open to suggestions.

personally, i rather like the idea of "drawing a name from a hat", so just randomly assigning adressees. manually adjusted for people who live in the same country or something, so it doesn't get too boring :D

personally, i rather like the idea of "drawing a name from a hat", so just randomly assigning adressees. manually adjusted for people who live in the same country or something, so it doesn't get too boring :D

This sounds good!