The guitar thread

The guitar thread

• Total voters
Sorry, just really excited about this amp:

3-channel all-tube guitar amplifier
7, 22 and 50 watt modes
built-in reverb
rack-mountable

19lbs, and internal red or blue LEDs. :p I'm a geek for LEDs.

You can get 1x12, 2x12 or 4x12 cabs covered in 10 different vinyl tolex wraps.

Made in the USA.

Head starts at $599
combo at $699.
1x12 Micro Stack: $798
2x12 quarter stack: $849
4x12 half-stack: $983
Upgrades to Vintage 30s will run $40/speaker give or take.

If I get the job I just interviewed for yesterday, I will be buying this to celebrate. :p

3_v3m112_1.jpg

Last edited:
If anyone was interested in this amp at all, the $100 rebate on the head and the combo is ending on the 31st. Apparently, it won the "Best in show" award from http://www.bestofnamm.com/

Do I buy it before I know I have the job I've been interviewing for...or, just in case...do I wait, but then pay more?

Which one do you want more? It's Sod's law, if you buy now, you won't get the job, and if you wait then you'll get the job but have to pay more.

I know...I'll buy the amp now, and the speaker cabinet(s) later. Since the amp is the only one with the rebate, not the speaker cabinets. So that means I'll...er...I'll get the job, but the pay will suck. :p

Yup! I've already ordered the amp, and I'll call 'em tomorrow to special-order my speaker cab(s). They do 10 different vinyl coverings, and I want to do a two-tone build where the panel the speaker is mounted to is another color. I'm thinking black with the white panel. Maybe black with the grey panel...python and grey maybe...
1x head
1x 1x12 cab with Vintage 30
1x 1x12 wth the stock GT12 speakers (made by eminence)

black-grey.jpg

snake-grey.jpg

black-red.jpg

Last edited:
I placed my order. This was the combination I went with:
black-whitestack.jpg

This (2)1x12 mini stack gives me the ability to run just a 1x12, or two spread-out 1x12s so I get better sound spread, while still keeping the controls nearby (something you might have to give up with a combo and an extension cab). Plus, worst case scenario, if one gab goes down, for whatever reason, I've still got a back-up.

I used to have a 1/2 stack, but it was so heavy and huge I had to keep it hidden and out of the way since I don't have a "man cave." This thing will have a 12"x17" footprint, and I can bring it with me on the train, FFS: amp is 19lbs in a shoulder bag, cab is 35lbs in one hand, and guitar in the other. Ready to rock!

Once I get it, I also want Tap Plastics to make me a clear or smoke polycarbonite top shell for it! I think it'll look killer. :)

Last edited:
nice,

heres some recent shit i got.
200398_1924186348174_1347583274_2260423_7615710_n.jpg

196779_1924186588180_1347583274_2260424_3576546_n.jpg

200797_1951581593038_1347583274_2296749_8165407_n.jpg

200537_1951582113051_1347583274_2296750_769675_n.jpg

the red jackson is currently my favourite I do have a jim root signature start on order though. and im prolly going to pick up a rockerverb 100 and 412 cabinet come summer time.

I ALMOST bought a Jackson like that, but ended up with my MIJ Ibanez S instead...and eventually regretted not getting the Jackson. :p

This is what I've been playing the most since I bought it last June. It is a Martin 00X1AE Java Mahagony with a solid spruce top. After playing electrics only for 9 years, I really didn't know what I was missing out on, but it is now by far the guitar I play the most while the Les Paul and Stratocaster collect dust.

A nice acoustic can be a more "fun" guitar that you can just grab and jam on the couch for a few minutes without having to wait for tubes to warm up, or plugging anything in, or worring about batteries, etc.

I have an ellectric/acoustic, but it's seen better days...should sell it before it depreciates any more...I've been thinking about one of these, but in burled maple, or burled walnut:
ac375-kta-94401.jpg

Last edited:
Yay! My new amp is here!
[video=youtube;2f-L3EkDSaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f-L3EkDSaU[/video]

Click the thumbnails for larger images:

So far, yes. The set-up I went for was more expensive than it needed to be, but it's my dream amp setup. Get the combo with the stock speaker, and you're good for way cheaper.

I'm having trouble nailing down a good all-purpose "classic rock" sound, but I've got my Godsmack-y thick done, my funky Skid-Row's-Monkey-Business-intro style clean tone. Not that I haven't found some that would work, I'm just picky and haven't found MY sound yet. :p But honestly, I've only maybe played with it for an hour or two so.

Ir's really fuckin' flexible, though. 2 different channel voices (channels 1 an 2 are the same, 3 is the clean channel). Then each channel has 3 channel "voice" switch settings. Then there's an EQX switch which broadens the frequency range for each EQ knob. Then there's the boost switch which can boost up to 6db and the 3 different wattage settings....then I've got two different speakers, and each speaker is a closed/open convertible cab. That's 288 different "flavors."

Then you start turning knobs...

WAAAAY better than my old 140w solid state head. As great of an amp that actually would be for someone else, it wasn't for me.

Last edited:
So the latest version of guitar pro is retarded...

That is all...