The guitar thread

The guitar thread

• Total voters
How much is that in USD? Brand new these go for $129 and they are not bad guitars for beginners.

NecroJoe is mostly right. Don't worry too much about tuning a guitar with a tremolo - it's not as bad as people make it out to be (especially these Squier Strats - they tend to stay in tune).

How easy? Depends. I taught myself, and like Necro mentioned - I taught myself a lot of bad habits that I can't get out of now. Most chords are relatively easy, and once you learn some simple chord progressions (C-D-G) you will find that you can play along with a lot of pop-rock songs.

It's about $70 or half of what's in the stores here. And I'll obviously have to look for an amp as well. I could spend a lot of money but I don't know how easily I'll pick it up.
Starting at the cheaper side of things, even if it doesn't work out for me I can easily sell them off.

Have you considered picking up an acoustic? They tend to be overall cheaper and easier to learn on.

Eh, I almost gave up when I started on acoustic because it didn't suit the music I wanted to play at the time. Now, my acoustics outnumber my electrics. :)

Same. I started with an acoustic with a really thick neck and I always felt uncomfortable with it. Then I got my first Strat copy and I made a lot of progress.

Maxtor, I'd say go for it. Like you said, you can always sell it. You also don't need an amp to learn, per se. The guitar will still work as an acoustic, just quieter, but you can still hear how you play.

I was also likely traumatized because I took up guitar to play with my drummer friend, and he couldn't understand why my 3/4 size acoustic couldn't keep up with his 5-piece, full-sized Tama drum kit when we'd jam. And when I say "couldn't understand" I mean "had a temper, and would throw his aluminum drumsticks." :lol:

Nice! :thumbup:

Also, it's official

Woo \o/

[video=youtube;eK0rvReE-4c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK0rvReE-4c[/video]

The only appropriate response to it:

I sold the Gibson Les Paul, i never got comfortable with the neck. I loved how is sounded though.
The good thing about this is that i can give my 2 Jacksons some love.
I'm going to change the EMGs on the DKMGT to a SD Mayhem set and the Duncan design pickups on the KV3 will be changed for some Invaders!

Last edited:
Have you ever tried putting the LP's pickups in the others?

Have you ever tried putting the LP's pickups in the others?

Thought about it, but i prefer the SD Distortion pickups to the Gibson, and they don't do slam death very well (that's what the Invaders are for). :p

The KV3 is getting some mods and upgrades! :)

edit. I got the Invaders installed and all i got to say is: Holy fuck.

Last edited:
My DKMGT is back from the shop and it sounds fantastic!

Kiesel just launched a multi-scale bass.
vm49k.jpg

Oh, and BTW, they just launched a referral program...just sayin'. :lol: