The Gun thread

Well, let's celebrate the fact that I can actually purchase a non-restricted firearm, shall we...

Just ordered this:

This looks so unnecessary, primitive and bordering on useless.
I love it. :lol:

Right on all counts.

It was also cheap, in fact cheaper than the latest Lego Technic set I bought :lol:

Right on all counts.

It was also cheap, in fact cheaper than the latest Lego Technic set I bought :lol:

Damn countries with (legal) easy access to guns and cheap guns...

The idea comes from before pump guns were invented, but was adapted to pump guns when they became more or less perfected. They are a descendant of the Italian 'lupara' concept; this makes them a *very* specialized sort of shotgun and if you need them for their intended purpose they're hell on wheels. I've used one in a Hogan's Alley/shoot house environment and they're extremely effective at close range.

On the historically legal side of things, such shotguns used to be much in demand for US police raid units before WW2 and continued to be issued to (oddly enough) police motorcycle officers until well into the 1960s and 1970s in US police departments.

And it's here, with a little extra :D

DSC_8342_lzn-1600.jpg

Will need a good cleanup to remove the excess oil. Not sure when I'll get the chance to shoot it, I must admit the first shot is going to be a little scary :lol:

Definitely clean off whatever grease is on it. Guns are often greased for storage rather than for function while they sit on shelves. I'll let you sift through the endless internet arguments as to the best gun oil ;) Also, for your first shot get some #9 or so birdshot and it'll be fine.

Well, disassembled it, but when I tried to put it back together I screwed something up, and now the bold/action bars are jammed solid. I can see the bold is crooked, can't get it out, nothing moves.

The gun didn't come with a manual, which kinda sucks, but it's a Remington 870 clone. I've checked youtube videos, but so far nothing helpful.

I tried pushing out the pins of the trigger assembly, they won't bulge either. I guess I will take it to a gunsmith :(

Last edited:
At least on my gun the trigger assembly goes in last. Can you post a pic? Are the action bars connected to the pump and, if so, have you tried moving the pump? Another trick I learned is that on some shotguns the position of the safety matters for disassembly/reassembly.

Safety has no effect.

IMG_20170717_205148.jpg

Everything is stuck together.

Sadly, not uncommon on the 870 or clones thereof.

What position is the action/bolt release tab in?

I can't move it. It feels like it's out, but it will not push in.

Did you begin disassembly with the hammer cocked or with it at rest?

I don't remember unfortunately.

Can you get a picture of the side of the trigger assembly where the action release is?