The Gun thread

Hmm...I'm going to assume you missed pages 2-4.

To summarize. No. :lol:

Spectre, is your saiga full auto? That thing looks like a true beast. Home defense against a swat team! lol

There are no Class III (full auto) Saigas in non-dealer civilian hands. Remember, no civilian may own a full-auto weapon made after 1986 unless they are a Federal firearms dealer/gunsmith or law enforcement.

Since the Saigas date back only to the 1990s, that's not going to happen. Even among the dealers and law enforcement that can have them (there are firms that convert them to full auto for the police here in the US), they're well over a couple of grand apiece.

So, no, my Saiga is not full auto... but like any semiauto, you can still bumpfire it and make it act like one - legally.

I'm looking at the XD sub-compact, and I'm liking A LOT. I've had some experience with 9mm and some larger calibers, and I like 9mm the best. The bi-tone model is sexy as hell. I also like the fact that its made in the USA!! edit: ok its made in croatia :(
XD9821.jpg

They don't seem to have a price list on their site. Approx how much are these XD's?

XDs typically go for between $400-$700 (depending on model, config, caliber, etc., etc.) at Bachman Pawn And Gun or other retail outlets. More towards the lower end of that scale. They come with two to five magazines, a basic holster, a double magazine holster, a cleaning rod, a case and a magazine loader.

IIRC, you're not 21 yet, but you're not prohibited from owning a pistol or carrying it in your car. You are just prohibited from buying it for yourself - a parent can buy the pistol and give it to you as a gift, legally.

XDs typically go for between $400-$700 (depending on model, config, caliber, etc., etc.) at Bachman Pawn And Gun or other retail outlets. More towards the lower end of that scale. They come with two to five magazines, a basic holster, a double magazine holster, a cleaning rod, a case and a magazine loader.

IIRC, you're not 21 yet, but you're not prohibited from owning a pistol or carrying it in your car. You are just prohibited from buying it for yourself - a parent can buy the pistol and give it to you as a gift, legally.

Yes I know. I'm not planning on buying one until I am 21 anyways. Then i can get a CHL if I feel like I should.

Positive rep to the first person who can correctly identify what these are (make/model) and what system these go to. :D
IMG_3302.JPG

Magpul P-mag for .223/5.56 firing weapons that accept M16/M4/AR15 magazines.

Pay up. :D

Cars arent my only hobby. ;)

Last edited:
Anyone have experience with Ruger Mini 14's? I like how you can leave them stock and they look like a Korean war era rifle, or mod the hell out of them and make this:

pimped_mini14_1.jpg

The older ones are crap for accuracy, the ones made in the last couple of years have been significantly revised and can actually hit a target at 300 meters. :p New ones are 3 MOA or so. Old ones are "minute of extremely large barn".

Oh, and the magazines cost too damn much money.

Last edited:
Just got back from "the range" with my K31. I love this gun! After I got used to it, i was hitting soda cans from around 50 yards with ease. I'm still fairly new to shooting, so I'm happy with this result :D

This talk of a renewed assault weapons ban due to the "Mexican drug violence" [cough] bullshit excuse [/cough]has me thinking about purchasing an AR-15 while I can.

This talk of a renewed assault weapons ban due to the "Mexican drug violence" [cough] bullshit excuse [/cough]has me thinking about purchasing an AR-15 while I can.

I agree. I fail to see how this is a weapons problem and not a scum of the earth people problem. How are these guys getting back into Mexico with "truckloads" of guns.

I agree. I fail to see how this is a weapons problem and not a scum of the earth people problem. How are these guys getting back into Mexico with "truckloads" of guns.

Same way they get in, lack of enforcement on both sides of the border.

Except they're *not* getting that many from Texas. The ones in the hands of the drug gangs seem to be coming from the Mexican military or the world arms markets; the ones that seem to be getting caught crossing the border seem to be destined for fearful Mexican citizens who want to protect themselves, and there aren't that many of those. The latter are getting blown all out of proportion by the media and the Mexican government, while they say nothing about the thousands of "lost" Mexican H&K G36s and Chinese AK-clones showing up in the drug gangs' armories. Especially considering that we have never *gotten* civvie G36s in the US and the Chinese AKs shown on Mexican TV have the factory full-auto side stampings and not converted US-market semiauto ones.

Also, Sur? You're a bit late to the AR party. If you don't want to pay extortionate prices from a private seller, you're going to have to wait at *least* three to four months if not more to get some from the makers. You might get lucky and find a dealer that has one that's not spoken for. The impending Obama/Holder/HR45 bans are making everyone want to buy one and they're backordered to hell and back. :p

Last edited:
Spectre, would the Saiga 12 be a decent home defense weapons, I've been considering one as of late. I'm afraid they'll be banned before too long.

starfox, you ought to find and post that pic of the black Roush on SVTP with the handgun in holster mounted on the driver's side of the center console. Which states is that legal in anyway?

Spectre, would the Saiga 12 be a decent home defense weapons, I've been considering one as of late. I'm afraid they'll be banned before too long.

Yeah, they probably will be banned before too much longer.

Yes, they're good home/self defense weapons. You can learn more at forum.saiga-12.com, but here's the synopsis for home defense use.

Pros:

Up to 20 round capacity.
Rapid reload capability.
Low felt recoil.
Reliable after break-in.
Makes loud and disturbing-to-criminals noise when racking bolt.
Can mount lights, lasers, vertical foregrip, anything that fits a Picatinny rail on one without interfering with operation (can't do that with a pump).
US-made magazines becoming widely available.
Do not have to worry about short stroking the weapon as it is a self-loader - and unlike some it actually works upside down or sideways.

Cons:

Tends to be long in stock configuration (can be remedied by fitting various alternate stocks, etc.)
Pistol grip fitment requires some modification to the weapon (minor).
Will not feed supercheap Winchester Walmart 100-pack ammo (anything else is fine, including the supercheap Federal Walmart 100-pack ammo).
Not cheap (current market is $450-700).
When taken to the range, it makes ammo disappear at an astounding rate for a semiauto. (Not really a problem, but...)
Heavier than standard pump gun.
Supply is currently low because of importing issues with Russia.

If you want to try one, you can check out mine. If you just want to buy one, contact Military Gun Supply in Fort Worth, I think they still have a few left.

I'll try to get some photos of the guns I have here in CA tomorrow.

Also, Sur? You're a bit late to the AR party. If you don't want to pay extortionate prices from a private seller, you're going to have to wait at *least* three to four months if not more to get some from the makers. You might get lucky and find a dealer that has one that's not spoken for. The impending Obama/Holder/HR45 bans are making everyone want to buy one and they're backordered to hell and back. :p

I was aware of that, I have a guy I know who would cut me a deal if he is able to or I'll just wait for a back order to come in. I'm in money saving mode so we'll see if I'm still in the market once I have the capital for it.