The Gun thread

I have a small arms expert marksman award/ribbon that I earned with a Beretta M9, does that count for anything? :p

There, I fixed it for you. :D

Yeah... they *look* like AKs, but the action is almost completely different.

Har har. :p

But seriously, they have little, if anything, in common. In Canada, if anything even looks remotely like the big scary babykilling AK, it's banned.

The weapons we used were the property of Uncle Sam but they were proper M9s.

The only difference between an M9 and a 92F is the rollmarks on the sides.

Har har. :p

But seriously, they have little, if anything, in common. In Canada, if anything even looks remotely like the big scary babykilling AK, it's banned.

They'd probably ban an AK-shaped flower planter, yeah....

Last edited:
So do you like the XD45? I am looking for a new .45 for conceal carry and am trying to get as many opinions as I can.

Edit: I just hope that things don't get screwed up before September when I get my liscence, if they do I will be royally pissed. Not that it would lead to me getting rid of my guns.

Last edited:
Yes, I really do like it. I need to get a night sight upgrade for this, and I want to get the Tactical version to see how the 5" barrel and slide feels. It's a great pistol and it's a more natural pointer than the competing Glock. Grip angle and overall ergonomics are like my beloved (but now outdated) Browning High Power or the 1911. Felt recoil is low for a polymer framed .45 ACP pistol.

Depending on what pistol you are transitioning from, you may have to relearn or modify your grip to get best results with the XD, and the stock sights are designed to be used in the "6 o'clock position" - this means that you look at your target over them rather than obscure your target with the front sight. (See: http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=3387923)

Magazines are inexpensive, and the ability to slam in a 13 rounder with a grip sleeve that instantly gives the Compact the full-sized grip of the Service model is priceless.

well on Call of Duty and Rainbow Six i'm very skilled with the Sniper Rifle... does that count at all?

Put my K31 on lay-away until the end of the week. :D :D

All numbers matching, with a nice dark stock and solid metalwork. Beautifully crafted rifle, can't wait to get some rounds through her :)

For those wondering, THIS is what its capable of.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Plt1PtqbAW4[/youtube]

Last edited:
Do airguns count? :mrgreen:

Picked up my swiss! I love this thing. Can't wait to throw some lead down range :D I'll get pics of it tomorrow.

I just ordered a 20 round drum for my Saiga today. :D

Now I need to buy the new forearm with a Picatinny rail to put this thing on a bipod. :p

I am english therefore no gun. although I would like to learn to shoot, pistols not rifles. Should start looking into that actually.

Do airguns count? :mrgreen:

Yes, do they? I have a reasonable collection. :D

silencer_left.jpg

Comb_all_left.jpg

right.jpg

overshot_leaves_800.jpg

177overright.jpg

177ser0000711100.jpg

M16overright1024.jpg

(didn't paint the tip on that one yet)

The MP5A3/A2 set me back about a thousand USD after all is said and done, upgrades, mods, mags etc. The other ones were in the 150-300 range. But what good is an expensive gun if you don't play with it?!

IMG_3601.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

IMG_3074.jpg

Scanning.jpg

I am english therefore no gun. although I would like to learn to shoot, pistols not rifles. Should start looking into that actually.

You could start with one of these:

DVC00093.jpg

(tip painted because laws were different back then)

They are gas powered and give a decent kick on the right power of gas. I'd say about the same as a .22 cal or so. A decent one will set you back about 80 pounds or so. They're good to learn firearm safety and such on because they operate exactly like a real one, blowback, safety, 2-stage trigger, takedown etc. And they just shoot little white pellets.

Last edited:
Reactions: vRS
They are gas powered and give a decent kick on the right power of gas. I'd say about the same as a .22 cal or so. A decent one will set you back about 80 pounds or so. They're good to learn firearm safety and such on because they operate exactly like a real one, blowback, safety, 2-stage trigger, takedown etc. And they just shoot little white pellets.

Why would you want it to have a kick? Airguns are just airguns. Going to the extent of wanting them to have a realistic kick is just sad in my opinion.

Wannabe_Bond_Gal: it depends what you want to do with the gun. If you are just looking to shoot at a few tin cans then any old cheap piece of tat will do.
If you want to do some proper target shooting then you need to be looking at single shot .177 guns, nothing like the above.

Why would you want it to have a kick? Airguns are just airguns. Going to the extent of wanting them to have a realistic kick is just sad in my opinion.

Okay manly man. Next time you get to shoot your friends with your real gun for fun you let me know. Having a good airsoft battle is a lot more fun than shooting at still targets. Any idiot can do that and it's not very engaging apart from actually learning it. It takes real mental agility to "survive" for a meaningful amount of time in a fake close range gunfight. That's why law enforcement uses it extensively, and the military also. Try it before you bash it.

Last edited:
Yeah, except they use Simunitions and the like and NOT Airsoft. :p

Also, your sniper is *very* improperly deployed and your bipod is too tall. :p

Last edited:
Okay manly man. Next time you get to shoot your friends with your real gun for fun you let me know. Having a good airsoft battle is a lot more fun than shooting at still targets. Any idiot can do that and it's not very engaging apart from actually learning it. It takes real mental agility to "survive" for a meaningful amount of time in a fake close range gunfight. That's why law enforcement uses it extensively, and the military also. Try it before you bash it.
Mild point loss for wearing all that protective clothing, though. When my friends and I would go out, we just had goggles, a thin t-shirt, pajama pants, and shoes. You were punished appropriately if you were shot, and as a bonus, there was no question about whether someone was hit or not. It was like if the Jackass guys went into the war re-enactment business.

We played with roughly the same guns, too; retarded powerful or modified ones. I personally had a Desert Eagle for lulz, an electric full-auto Bullpup that was for mowing people down, and a bolt-action rifle which had a garage door spring fitted to it for punishing from a distance.

I've got three guns actually. One Rifle and two pistols. The rifle is a competition prepared .22 Krag J?rgensen target rifle. One of the pistols is a .22 competition pistol. The last one is the hand held cannon, the .45 Colt 1911. My example was issued to the US Army for WWI. I bought it from a collector's widow who sold away her housband's gun collection. The funny thing is that it's basically as new, and it's hardly been used. Got it for about $500, that lady must have had little idea of what she just sold... I'll provide pictures the next time I'm home...