The Gun thread

Why would you want it to have a kick? Airguns are just airguns. Going to the extent of wanting them to have a realistic kick is just sad in my opinion.

Wannabe_Bond_Gal: it depends what you want to do with the gun. If you are just looking to shoot at a few tin cans then any old cheap piece of tat will do.
If you want to do some proper target shooting then you need to be looking at single shot .177 guns, nothing like the above.

I'm more looking just to go shooting at the ranges because I live in a city so theres not much opportunity for 'shooting' tin cans as you say.

Mild point loss for wearing all that protective clothing, though. When my friends and I would go out, we just had goggles, a thin t-shirt, pajama pants, and shoes. You were punished appropriately if you were shot, and as a bonus, there was no question about whether someone was hit or not. It was like if the Jackass guys went into the war re-enactment business.

I use the FSBE because it carries my gear. Extra batteries, gas, mags, ammo refills, lunch, water, etc. We go out for hours or days at a time so I kind of need that stuff. I also have a testing phase FLC (super rare) that I use in the summer months and for shorter games. I like it because it's only about 10 pounds whereas the FSBE is closer to 30 with all the plates in. I like the FSBE better because it's rigid.

FLC_1024.jpg

Okay manly man. Next time you get to shoot your friends with your real gun for fun you let me know. Having a good airsoft battle is a lot more fun than shooting at still targets. Any idiot can do that and it's not very engaging apart from actually learning it. It takes real mental agility to "survive" for a meaningful amount of time in a fake close range gunfight. That's why law enforcement uses it extensively, and the military also. Try it before you bash it.

I have nothing against airsoft at all, it is incredibly fun (although I prefer paintball). I just find it strange that people would want a gun to be less accurate. At the end of the day it is nothing like using real guns so why try and make it so. A properly loaded .22 has a minute amount of kick anyway.

Wannabe_Bond_Gal, the best advice is just to go to your local club and try it. Most places will give you three taster sessions before you have to make any commitment.

Gun wise, I started out with one of these.

twinmaster%20top.jpg

It is pretty basic but I could still happily shot 180x200 with it and the gun certainly wasn't the limiting factor. The main features you get on the better guns are two-stage triggers and adjustable weights. I think they are about ?300 but I got mine for ?150 second hand. I wouldn't really recommend anything less for range shooting.

I recently aquired my first gun. It's a 30-06 Husqvarna 1900 that looks like this with the exception of mine having an old Aimpoint reddot instead of a scope.
H04_002.jpg

For work I have one of these:
AK5C.jpg

I will neg rep anybody who posts more airsoft crap in here. GUN thread, not AIRSOFT thread. (Although an airsoft thread would be a good idea for those interested in it...)

Airsoft/paintball guns can be fun yes, but they can't:

Push past 100 yards/meters with repeatable accuracy
Bring down large animals (Maybe a squirrel?)
Offer much protection from somebody attacking you

Back on topic

Is the gun posted above a SCAR? What is your "job?" lol

Last edited:
Took a pic of my pair of rifles :)

l_53393e46a19f458e84ee56657a090330.jpg

Next on the wish list will either be a Mini 14 or an SKS

Last edited:
I will neg rep anybody who posts more airsoft crap in here. GUN thread, not AIRSOFT thread. (Although an airsoft thread would be a good idea for those interested in it...)

Gun: a weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity (especially from a metal tube or barrel)

The definition does not make any reference to what the propellant is.

You're the one who says you will neg-rep people for discussing the topic of your thread. If you didn't want discussion of air weapons, you should have been more specific rather than moaning later on.

Edit: While I'm here I have been offered the chance to buy a Feinwerkbau 700 in a few months for ?900ish (They are ?2,200 new here). I could probably get about ?400 back for my current gun so the swap would be about ?500.

700-opgelegd-groot.jpg

My main problem with my current gun is the lack of adjustability in the butt of the rifle (both for the shoulder and cheek pieces), which makes it difficult for me to get in a comfortable position behind the sights. The FWB would solve this problem. ?500 is a lot of money though. I'm not greatly bothered about the FWB being PCP rather than single-stroke pneumatic like my current gun. Anyone got any experience with Feinwerkbau?

Last edited:
Firearms if it makes you happy. Not air guns please. Make another thread.

Last edited:
Firearms if it makes you happy. Not air guns please. Make another thread.

Can I ask for the reasons why, they are 99% the same thing. What is the point in clogging the forum up.

Last edited:
Anyone got any experience with Feinwerkbau?

I have a FWB P44, had it since december, really happy with it. It's good quality and it's got remarkable precision (it you don't f*** something up :p)

Can I ask for the reasons why, they are 99% the same thing. What is the point in clogging the forum up.

If somebody started a "post your mustang thread" and people started posting camaros, because they are pretty much the same thing, would it make sense then? Just wondering.

If somebody started a "post your mustang thread" and people started posting camaros, because they are pretty much the same thing, would it make sense then? Just wondering.

But this is a post your gun thread, not a post your firearm thread, you can't just go changing your mind halfway through. It would be like if you started a "Post your car" thread and then decided halfway through that you didn't want diesels or electric cars. I still fail to see your reasons for not wanting airguns anyway.
What really is the difference between these two guns for the purposes of discussion? You are making a pointless distinction.

2700supermatchsilver.jpg

700-opgelegd-groot.jpg

Last edited:
As an impartial third party here, I'd say I agree with peter. Air Rifles put metal down range. Airsoft guns do not.

But this is a post your gun thread, not a post your firearm thread, you can't just go changing your mind halfway through. It would be like if you started a "Post your car" thread and then decided halfway through that you didn't want diesels or electric cars. I still fail to see your reasons for not wanting airguns anyway.
What really is the difference between these two guns for the purposes of discussion? You are making a pointless distinction.

Fine, then can I post tank armaments and field artillery? Because those are "guns", too.

I refuse to believe you are stupid enough not to realize I meant firearms in my initial post. Or shall you post up your collection of nerf guns too? I mean they propel missiles as well. Super-soakers perhaps?

As an impartial third party here, I'd say I agree with peter. Air Rifles put metal down range. Airsoft guns do not.

There's a lot of guys, especially in Japan, that use metal BBs.

Just an FYI. I refuse to get involved in an internet gun debate...