The Gun thread

It would be like if you started a "Post your car" thread and then decided halfway through that you didn't want diesels or electric cars.

That's a horrible analogy. One is a gun, one is a toy. Posting power wheels in a "post your car" thread would be a lot closer.

There's a lot of guys, especially in Japan, that use metal BBs.

Just an FYI. I refuse to get involved in an internet gun debate...

So you make an argument than in the next sentence act like you're "too big" to argue? :rolleyes:

Airsoft kids, go make an airsoft thread and stop trolling this one.

So you make an argument than in the next sentence act like you're "too big" to argue? :rolleyes:

Not an argument, a fact. Don't be silly.

That's a horrible analogy. One is a gun, one is a toy. Posting power wheels in a "post your car" thread would be a lot closer.

A proper target air rifle is in no way a toy. They are considerably more advanced and a hell of a lot more expensive than most "proper" guns.
And Spectre, it would seem the logical thread to put that kind of thing.
Anyway, now someone has created a different thread, I shall depart.

Not an argument, a fact. Don't be silly.

Argument - a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point

Don't act like your comment wasn't made to support the "there is no difference between airsoft and real guns" idea. You aren't fooling anybody.

A proper target air rifle is in no way a toy. They are considerably more advanced and a hell of a lot more expensive than most "proper" guns.
And Spectre, it would seem the logical thread to put that kind of thing.
Anyway, now someone has created a different thread, I shall depart.

Do you actually think you're right despite only 1 person being on your side or are you just arguing for the sake of arguing? After your analogy failed horribly you now are going after price? Grasping at straws a bit eh? :lol:

Wonder if you two would blindly defend a nerf gun in the airsoft thread, after all it's an air powered gun right?

After your analogy failed horribly you now are going after price? Grasping at straws a bit eh?

Your lack of understanding does not make the analogy wrong. If we were talking about cheap airsoft guns then the analogy would be incorrect, but we are talking about high-quality, precision engineered pieces of kit here. The propellant is different but the rest is the same as any other gun, which you cannot say about a Power Wheels car versus another car.

Using the same pictures as before, are you honestly saying this is a toy:

700-opgelegd-groot.jpg

Whereas this is not?

2700supermatchsilver.jpg

Hey buddy, you've got a thread you can post that in, since you've already posted the same fuckin pictures, of an airgun you don't even have, but seemingly have an intense hard-on for, three times. We are now beyond the point of you posting for any other reason besides just being a jackass.

And as you posted in the airgun thread, the best an airgun can do is around 800fps with 70m range.

Now my Swiss K31, made in 1942, can do 2500fps and, in the right hands, (god no not mine) be accurate out to 950+ yards. If you wanted to know the difference, its right there. Again, 1942 vs cutting edge airgun tech. Now go ahead and tell me they are the same thing again.

Last edited:
Don't act like your comment wasn't made to support the "there is no difference between airsoft and real guns" idea. You aren't fooling anybody.

My only rationale for posting my stuff is because I figured someone might be interested. But no, you guys had to get sand in your vaginas and scream about how I ruined your precious internet topic. This is not your vital line to manhood, boys. All you had to do was politely say no more airsoft, but instead you fling negreps and accusations like toddlers. There are probably hundreds of people viewing this and laughing their asses off.

Now my Swiss K31, made in 1942, can do 800fps and, in the right hands, (god no not mine) be accurate out to 950+ yards. If you wanted to know the difference, its right there. Again, 1942 vs cutting edge airgun tech. Now go ahead and tell me they are the same thing again.

I posted the same guns again because the question I asked to do with them the first time was not answered.
A GT40 from the 60's will do 200mph. A Polo from 2009 will only do 100mph, yet they are both still cars. In the same way that an airgun and a firearm are both still guns, so both have a rightful place in a gun thread.
I had already left the thread but it was you lot who carried on arguing.
I now won't come back (unless talking about firearms) but can you just give me one simple concise reason why you would not consider a proper target air rifle to not be a gun (not firearm)?

From this point on no more talk about airguns or airsoft please...theres already another thread for that, stop comparing the two as they are entirely different. You dont wake up half deaf with a sore shoulder when shooting an airgun.
anyway...sweet k31, have you had a chance to shoot it yet? The shell ejection on those things always freaked me out.

but can you just give me one simple concise reason why you would not consider a proper target air rifle to not be a gun (not firearm)?

Let me see, I think it has something to do with your stubborn (is it stupidity or being difficult for the sake of being difficult?) lawyer/bureacraticesque approach to this thread. Can you honestly say you didn't know what the OP was referring to when he made this thread? If not, you lack sense and are perfectly suited for being a lawyer. If yes, then you're just being difficult simply to piss people off with semantics. Think of it this way, when such political debate slogans like "Gun Control" come up, are they talking about the regulation of all "weapons that discharges a missile at high velocity (especially from a metal tube or barrel)"? Well, if so by your logic and by the book definition, all airsoft, airguns, nerf, supersoakers, etc would be included. After all "high velocity" is a relative term.

Anyway, I feel pretty silly for debating this.

From this point on no more talk about airguns or airsoft please...theres already another thread for that, stop comparing the two as they are entirely different. You dont wake up half deaf with a sore shoulder when shooting an airgun.
anyway...sweet k31, have you had a chance to shoot it yet? The shell ejection on those things always freaked me out.

No I haven't had a chance yet :( My "range" (my friend's many acres of pasture) isn't available until Friday, so I'll have to wait until then. Yeah they seem to eject right into your face...much like my 1894! :lol:

Those in the know, whats a good handgun to get? When I turn 21 I want to get a concealed. I like the Sig 226 series, and the Springfield XD models, but I don't really know anything past what they look like.

Those in the know, whats a good handgun to get? When I turn 21 I want to get a concealed. I like the Sig 226 series, and the Springfield XD models, but I don't really know anything past what they look like.

A number of LE officers I've met swear by Kimber 4" Compacts. They're insanely expensive though.

And as you posted in the airgun thread, the best an airgun can do is around 800fps with 70m range.

Not exactly true. PCP's can achieve over 1000fps and be accurate at 100m, but that really is beyond the point.
I think we should have separate threads because firearms and airguns are both guns, in the same way a Caterham and a Maybach are both cars. The same, but very different.:mrgreen:

A number of LE officers I've met swear by Kimber 4" Compacts. They're insanely expensive though.

I've never been sold on the 1911 looks though. I like modern, but not glocks. Glocks are ugly, IMO

sig-p226.jpg

That's just so hott.

Last edited:
No I haven't had a chance yet :( My "range" (my friend's many acres of pasture) isn't available until Friday, so I'll have to wait until then. Yeah they seem to eject right into your face...much like my 1894! :lol:

Whereabouts is your friend's pasture? Perhaps we could go shooting sometime and you could try my XD45 and my Saiga.

We had another gun thread a while back - basically it's a lot shorter list of *bad* handguns than good ones. There are so many different features offered on diffferent models and most are of good quality that it's really a matter of personal preference.

Kimber's QC has been very spotty of late, too - and getting worse. Still acceptable weapons, but the amount of gunsmithing that some Kimbers need before becoming reliable is ridiculous given the amount of money you have to spend on one.

The competing Springfield 1911 lineup is better value for money and just plain better out of the box.

I've never been sold on the 1911 looks though. I like modern, but not glocks. Glocks are ugly, IMO

sig-p226.jpg

That's just so hott.

I dislike the 226s. They're a fine gun, but the decocker is a point of failure that doesn't need to be there, double action is lame (and might get you killed, per some experts' thought), and the slides on them are high effort - you can't rack the slide on one at all if one hand is wounded or incapacitated.

If airsoft is allowed can I post a picture of these guns?

anchorman62.jpg

If airsoft is allowed can I post a picture of these guns?

anchorman62.jpg

Hmm...I'm going to assume you missed pages 2-4.

To summarize. No. :lol:

Spectre, is your saiga full auto? That thing looks like a true beast. Home defense against a swat team! lol

I'm looking at the XD sub-compact, and I'm liking A LOT. I've had some experience with 9mm and some larger calibers, and I like 9mm the best. The bi-tone model is sexy as hell. I also like the fact that its made in the USA!! edit: ok its made in croatia :(
XD9821.jpg

They don't seem to have a price list on their site. Approx how much are these XD's?

Last edited: