The Gun thread

I just got a conversion unit (is that the right name?) to make my walther GSP .22 into a .32 :D

"Never go into combat with or carry in self defense a pistol that doesn't start with .4"

^ :lol:

The largest you can get a permit for here is a 9mm, so we're fucked :p

http://img260.imageshack.**/img260/1500/wonderninemv8.jpg

"Never go into combat with or carry in self defense a pistol that doesn't start with .4"

Unless you're large and strong enough to carry something that starts with '.5' - .50AE, anyone? :p

http://img260.imageshack.**/img260/1500/wonderninemv8.jpg

The funny thing about that is that despite its large size, the Beretta 92 series holds a surprisingly low number of rounds. Competing pistols of similar size carry 17-21 rounds, where the 92F only carries 15.

That said... magazine capacity is an additional weapon in a fight. IMHO, suppressive fire is priceless when you need it (and when you need it, you need it *bad*.)

Last edited:
Twenty-five rounds of 12 gauge, almost no waiting!

IMG_3496.JPG

Good for zombie elimination! :D

Last edited:
:( I want a Saiga 12 so bad!

I'm gonna try to save up and get one this summer. Will they shoot slugs ok? Can they take barrel chokes?

Mods planned if I get one: Pistol grip, upper/lower rails, folding stock, red dot sight, flashlight, and 30 round drum :D

Just found this pic:
http://img123.imageshack.**/img123/1674/gratuitussaiga12pics016ah7.jpg

:jawdrop::w00t:

Last edited:
They're great for slugs. Mine doesn't accept chokes, but it's an older example. Current ones accept chokes.

Unfortunately, nobody makes 30 round drums for it, but there are 2, 3, 5, 8, 10 and 12 round stick mags and *20* round drums.

Prepare to weep:

http://img134.imageshack.**/img134/5530/0317pod09.jpg
A paramilitary officer stood near a pile of weapons in Nairobi, Kenya, before they were set ablaze 3/17/09. Since 2007, police have confiscated thousands of weapons that were allegedly used in crimes

I do want a Saiga 12.

I'm actually in the process of building two Rock River AR-15s. The first one I just need an upper assembly, charging handle and BCG to have a complete AR-15. Right now I only have a lower receiver with a full RRA kit on order for the second one.

I do want a Saiga 12.

I'm actually in the process of building two Rock River AR-15s. The first one I just need an upper assembly, charging handle and BCG to have a complete AR-15. Right now I only have a lower receiver with a full RRA kit on order for the second one.

Any pics? So is it cheaper to just piece them together rather than buying one complete?

So me and my bro finally shot the mosin tuesday. The results were less than satisfying, at 50 yards, 8 out of 40 rounds hit the paper. Thats pretty bad, we're assuming its the fact that the mosin was sighted to 100m and it was shooting really high, so were gonna take it out tomorrow and do some more testing at different distances.

In other news, Im considering buying a swiss k31, the only thing stopping me is im not sure whether its available in soft point or hollow point, because our local range wont let us shoot FMJ.

Any pics? So is it cheaper to just piece them together rather than buying one complete?

Yeah, its cheaper and you have a better chance of getting one in less than six months. There are plenty of lowers around here locally... prices are higher than they used to be, but you can get them now, and since that's the important part that the government considers "the gun" you can build it up yourself with parts they don't need to know about. :D

So me and my bro finally shot the mosin tuesday. The results were less than satisfying, at 50 yards, 8 out of 40 rounds hit the paper. Thats pretty bad, we're assuming its the fact that the mosin was sighted to 100m and it was shooting really high, so were gonna take it out tomorrow and do some more testing at different distances.

In other news, Im considering buying a swiss k31, the only thing stopping me is im not sure whether its available in soft point or hollow point, because our local range wont let us shoot FMJ.

8 out of 40? Jeez!

I was hittin tin cans and clay birds from 50 yards with my K31 :mrgreen:

Yeah, its cheaper and you have a better chance of getting one in less than six months. There are plenty of lowers around here locally... prices are higher than they used to be, but you can get them now, and since that's the important part that the government considers "the gun" you can build it up yourself with parts they don't need to know about. :D

Yeah, you also typically get a better weapon for a better price. ~$800 for the RRA AR-15 parts, whereas it's ~$1200 preassembled.

Yeah, I have the lower receivers, but I'm having some trouble finding the remainder of the parts (for reasonable prices) for my first one. I'm just waiting for RRA to ship the kit before I can build my second one.

Is that bullpup gun a steyr?