The Gun thread

Doesn't have to be an AR, there are other options, but the PS90 just isn't a good deal.

My friend would have sold me his for $1000. Probably better deal then I would find elsewhere.

Whats a good shotgun? I already know about the Saiga, but I'm thinking I want a good pump shotgun.

As for the handgun, I'm going to try to find a surplus 9mm sig 226.

My friend would have sold me his for $1000. Probably better deal then I would find elsewhere.

Whats a good shotgun? I already know about the Saiga, but I'm thinking I want a good pump shotgun.

As for the handgun, I'm going to try to find a surplus 9mm sig 226.

Good pump guns include Remington 870s, Winchester 1100s, and Mossberg 500s. Not much to choose from for most purposes, though the Mossberg trails a bit for accessories and aftermarket support but has a lower price. I prefer the Mossberg of the three, due to the tang-mounted safety, but that's really just personal preference (I like the idea of being able to see my safety when looking over the top of the shotgun) so try them all and see which you like best. They're pretty much commodities.

Last edited:
Some of the guns we have at home, my dad has a nice collection of WWII guns; From the US there is a US Carabine (Made during the war, by GM no less) and a Colt 1911. The Colt is much older than the 30 Carabine, Ithink it was issued in 1914.

PC213825.jpg

PC213817.jpg

PC213819.jpg

From zhe Germans he has an MP38 (1940), Luger, and two Mauser 98k, one being chambered in 7,92x57 (pictured), ther other in 7,62x51 NATO.

PC213820.jpg

PC213826.jpg

Actually, if the slide and frame are to be believed and aren't a mix/match set, that is a 1911A1, first made in 1924. The slide markings indicate that it was made by Remington-Rand, which places it squarely in WW2 production and is the most numerous of the WW2 'alternate production' variants. The serial number places production sometime in 1944.

Did some GI wander into Norway and leave his pistol and rifle behind? :D Very nice collection.

Edit: Fyi, this makes it a much more valuable pistol than if it were a 1914-issued 1911.

Last edited:
Did some GI wander into Norway and leave his pistol and rifle behind? :D Very nice collection.
They were often dropped by the Allies in crates to the Norwegian Resistance Movement. In the beginning of the war there were mostly English guns, like the Sten dropped. But as the war progressed and the Americans were involved in Europe, they dropped 1911s, 30 Carabines and even Thompsons.

Key people in the resistance movenemt were warned of drops a few hours before an airstrike, where one or two planes were carrying material that was para-dropped in crates. There are a lot of them and lots of German material still laying around in our woods. Yesterday for instance, i found and old SS helmet. Earlier I have found a G3 bayonet, probably lost by the Home Guard. The weapons in still unfound para-drop crates, might actually be in good condition as inside the wooden crates there were sealed metal boxes carring the firearms. So they haven't been exposed to anything but the gun grease they were lubricated with from factory. By the way they only found about half of what was dropped.

They say that if you bring a metal detector for some forest hiking in the Norwegian woods, you're going to be busy...

I'm usually joking with my dad, saying he needs an FG42 Paratroop Rifle, and a Sturmgewehr 44 for his collection. That 30-round mag on the US Carabine is not original though, but he does have the original bayonet...

^^I am jealous. :lol:

Me too!
"FG Gun Nuts Norway Forest Adventure" anyone? :lol:

Someone pick me up on the way there, I'll bring candy :D

To anyone in the know, how is the Taurus range as far as their pistols?

To anyone in the know, how is the Taurus range as far as their pistols?

Pretty good. Their original claim to fame was their licensed Beretta clones, but they've since moved on to produce pretty good autoloaders of their own design as well as 1911 clones. Their revolvers are descended from S&W's (at one time they were both owned by the same parent company) but are distinctly different when they are compared to each other, though there's a clear family resemblance.

Their service and support are both excellent with their lifetime warranty. However, they have a slightly higher initial defect rate than many of the higher-tier manufacturers, so before buying one examine it very thoroughly for any potential problems. As with any defensive firearm (since Taurus doesn't make any collectibles), after purchasing it, test it thoroughly with several hundred rounds at the range before relying on it.

Yeah. I'm liking their medium frame M9s in .40. Would that be a good pistol to keep in my car?

Something like this:

940B.jpg

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=358&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=

I've noticed on some of there other guns that you can get a two-tone slide, and I REALLY like the look of that in combination with wood grips. Ideally I want something like this:
SigSauerLogo.jpg

(yes I know its a Sig, but that's the look I like)

But I don't see two-tone slides for that range at all :(

Last edited:
I have a silly feeling of pride when someone compliments guns made by a company based here.

I have a silly feeling of pride when someone compliments guns made by a company based here.

Hm, let me take care of that.

Now if only Brazil could produce other products besides guns and small airliners. :D

Yeah. I'm liking their medium frame M9s in .40. Would that be a good pistol to keep in my car?

Something like this:

940B.jpg

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=358&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=

I've noticed on some of there other guns that you can get a two-tone slide, and I REALLY like the look of that in combination with wood grips. Ideally I want something like this:
SigSauerLogo.jpg

(yes I know its a Sig, but that's the look I like)

But I don't see two-tone slides for that range at all :(

Buy the 940SS version (stainless steel) and dismantle it down to the frame, then send the frame out for Duracoating in whatever color you like. Voila - instant two tone gun.

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=362&category=Pistol&toggle=&breadcrumbseries=

That said, since you're not intending to keep it on your person, the weight is more or less irrelevant. Consider its slightly larger brother, the PT945 in .45ACP.

Last edited:
Hm, let me take care of that.

Now if only Brazil could produce other products besides guns and small airliners. :D

You wanna know what the worst part is?
I can?t buy most of those guns. The law forbids.<_<

Yes, yes, move to Texas. I would happily do so.:lol:

You wanna know what the worst part is?
I can?t buy most of those guns. The law forbids.<_<

Yes, yes, move to Texas. I would happily do so.:lol:

The fun part is (apparently) when your average Western European from one of the total-ban or near-total-ban countries sees this thread. They just freak out, and apparently the completely calm tone in which we all discuss the merits of this pistol or that rifle, etc., as if they were something 'normal' like a car or television just completely blows their mind. :D

That said, you guys do make some pretty good pistols and rifles down there. Now all you need to do is introduce some shotguns that aren't miserable failures. :D (I'm still trying to figure out how Brazil can be so good at pistols and rifles yet fail to make a shotgun that works. :p How do you fail at making a shotgun???)

Last edited:
^^An American's Texan's (mine :p) response to a common question.

Q: What did you get for Christmas??
A: A Bulgarian AK74!!

(pics soon, she is a beauty and actually shoots straight!)

Last edited:
That's mildly important, yes. What plans do you have for it? If you have the side bracket for a sight mount, I have one here you can have for free. "Of the finest Belarus manufacture!"

The only problem I had is that the Saiga shotguns are too wide for it, but an AK74 should be just right. It's the MTK-83/BP-01, which should allow you to use the iron sights as well as whatever optic you want on top.

Last edited:
I'll have to see if it has a side rail mount. I can't recall at the moment.

Damn some nice guns in this thread I thought'd it'd be a lot of pistols but there are some pretty mean looking rifles :p

I'm surprised nobody has put up a picture of a nuclear bomb yet.