The Gun thread

Nice idea. The P90 is strange yet so beautiful!

Favorite long gun would be the Walther WA2000 for me. I still remember the first time I saw it, in a James Bond film (I must have been 8 at the time).

WaltherWA2000.jpg

It's square! :lol:

It appears in Moder Warfare 2. Pretty good, actually.

There was one on gun broker a few months ago. $25kUSD

WHAT?!? :jawdrop:
*googles it*
Oh, only 176 made. So rarity is the reason.

I had a similar reaction the first time I saw the price of an HK PSG1, a few years ago. 10000$, and they are not as rare as the WA2000.

So a guy I know is claiming he hits cherry tomatoes from 500 yards with his....

.223 Mini 14. He also claims it pulls 1/2MOA at 500 yards.

So I went to the gun show yesterday, and picked up the rest of the parts for this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/h/ho/hokiethang/2010/04/25/1272142020811.jpg

It's an AR-15, with a 20 inch barrel, flip up sights, and bipod. All that's left to get is some optics, and I should have a fairly reasonable long range rifle. I also put a magpul stock on it after I took the picture. I had the lower put together for a while, I just hadn't found any uppers that I liked.

So a guy I know is claiming he hits cherry tomatoes from 500 yards with his....

.223 Mini 14. He also claims it pulls 1/2MOA at 500 yards.
:lmao: Tell him he's so full of shit it's coming out of his mouth.

Yeah, not even the new 580 series Mini-14s (with most of the accuracy issues fixed) will do that.

Nice AR. Is it all custom or have you been building off of a factory model?

Anyway, I would suggest changing the grip first to something more comfortable and just add a cheek piece to the stock and give that a try. Just my preference though.

The first one I built was a stock RRA kit. This second one is more customized. I did put a Magpul CTR stock on it after I took the picture, but i'll probably invest in something a bit more appropriate when I get some optics.

Any thoughts on this video?

Looks like the old man can shoot, but when he starts moving with the camera man in front of him.....isn't it kinda dangerous?

Since distances can be deceiving with cameras, there's no way to tell for certain. However, it looks like the man has decent muzzle control and if the camera operator was more than a few feet away, he definitely didn't get swept with the muzzle.

While not something I'd be comfortable doing, this is nothing that professionals don't do anyway. Note that he keeps the muzzle pointed down when not actively seeking with the weapon, and that he rotates the muzzle down and parallel to his body when crossing from left to right or vice versa.

To my untrained eyes, it looked OK. Thanks :)

My new toy: Mossberg 500 Persuader 20-Gauge.

50145.jpg

I wanted something big and loud to balance out my 10/22 when I went to the range, and my girlfriend just got a S&W 64 .38 and a Ruger MkIII, so I wanted something completely different.