The Gun thread

To be honest, I'm more likely to end up keeping a shotgun with #4 buck in it in the bedroom than an AR. This has little to do with effectiveness (I'd rather have 30 rounds on semi-auto than 5 in a pump) and more to do with a) the setup I envision for my particular situation favors the shotgun"s design and construction; b) in my state a defensive shotgun would look significantly better in court; c) since the gun is more likely to get stolen from the master bedroom (even if locked up) than from my hidden safe, I'd rather they try to get the scattergun than the AR.

30 rounds of #4 buck out of a Saiga 12. Problem solved. Of course, there's probably going to be a bit of damage to the inside of your house at that point... And it probably isn't even vaguely legal in the People's Republic of Massholia.

There's a compliment, if I ever heard one :rolleyes:

What was that, Mr. I'll Never Short Stroke A Shotgun? Hm? The advice I followed and passed on to you about people's tendency to short stroke (which you ignored) came from these same guys.

Last edited:
30 rounds of #4 buck out of a Saiga 12. Problem solved. Of course, there's probably going to be a bit of damage to the inside of your house at that point... And it probably isn't even vaguely legal in the People's Republic of Massholia.
It's legal. I'm not about to spend the money on one though.

What was that, Mr. I'll Never Short Stroke A Shotgun? Hm? The advice I followed and passed on to you about people's tendency to short stroke (which you ignored) came from these same guys.
Will you ever stop thinking about me stroking? You keep putting words in my mouth on this topic again and again - get over it already.

It's legal. I'm not about to spend the money on one though.

They let you have 30 round shotgun drum mags there? Last I looked you were legally stuck with the 5 round limit for detachable mag shotguns in the PRM.

Will you ever stop thinking about me stroking? You keep putting words in my mouth on this topic again and again - get over it already.

Stop thinking about it, sure. Posting up about it when appropriate, probably not - not until you get a semiauto shotgun. Mostly because you told me not to say anything about it when you (unsurprisingly) short stroked. :evil:

[video=youtube;69fPof-ZTnU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69fPof-ZTnU[/video]

If there are preban drums available, they're legal. IDK if there are though.

Stop thinking about it, sure. Posting up about it when appropriate, probably not - not until you get a semiauto shotgun. Mostly because you told me not to say anything about it when you (unsurprisingly) short stroked. :evil:
You're wrong though. I never said I would never short stroke. I just said that I had never done it. Until the day I did. At no point did I portray it as an impossibly so idk why you keep bringing it up. Oh, and I don't see myself getting a semi-auto shotgun any time soon - too much of my time (and money) is taken up by handgun competition and, more recently, gaining familiarity and experience with a modern sporting rifle. Hell, I haven't even shot skeet in several months (probably should before hunting season though).

If there are preban drums available, they're legal. IDK if there are though.

Saiga 12 manufacture didn't begin until 1997. All of them are post-Brady Bill AWB. Fortunately in Free America we're no longer restricted by the AWB. :D

It's ALIIIVE!

UyXgkpr.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I was just really excited, so double post galore. ;)

The MDR started shipping this week (finally)... and it's real! I'm really digging the ambidextrous setup options, and the way they designed the ejection port. The bullpup is evenly balanced, and I think I can actually break it down without a sweat... which is saying something.

Here's a better view of the entire thing:
HMA9cfD.jpg

Nice! They make some cool stuff - I'm glad they were finally able to get the MDR out. It's been a looooong time coming. Hopefully next generations will be mucho lighter, but it's definitely exciting to see it finally come out.

The only things it has in common with a Tavor is the fact it is a bullpup that can fire 5.56, nothing else about it is even close. Change calibers from .223 all the way up to .308 in under 8 minutes (I think there are 5-6 different calibers you can run right now). Switch from lefty to righty in under a minute with no tools. None of the internals are like the Tavor, it breaks down completely differently.

Looks like a Tavor knockoff, right?

Nah. I mean, they're both bullpups with pistons, but the mechanics seem pretty different. Also, the weight differences is pretty start - the MDR is something like 8lbs. :blink:

I haven't handled a Tavor in a while, but that would be interesting to arrange. *twiddles fingers*

Revere cops find guns, drugs, money after attack

M9Guiuc.jpg

Revere cops found an illegal gun, several pounds of drugs and thousands of dollars in cash in a city home after a man was beaten and held captive over a drug debt, prosecutors said.

About 1 a.m. yesterday, cops got a 911 call and found a disoriented man on Eastern Avenue with cuts to his face. He told cops Daniel Ballantine had lured him to an apartment where he was beaten with a hammer and threatened with a MAC-10 that had been equipped with a silencer.

?Officers located a bag outside the building that was found to contain six handguns, a large amount of ammunition, seven firearm magazines and a MAC-10 with a silencer and high-capacity magazine that matched the description of the weapon used to threaten the victim,? Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley said in a press release.

Cops descended on the apartment and said they found four more guns, 300 rounds of ammunition, 3 pounds of marijuana, 6 grams of cocaine and $94,000 in cash.

?I am extremely proud of the work by all involved and commend them for a job well done. I am very happy that we were able to remove these firearms and narcotics from the street,? Revere police Chief James Guido said. ?The Revere police work hard every day to make Revere the great place that it is.?

Ballantine, 24, of Revere, was held on $750,000 bail after he was arraigned for kidnapping, unlawful possession of a machine gun, possession of a firearm silencer, drug charges and other firearms charges.

His brother, John Ballantine, 28, and a woman, Jasmin Tihic, 22, of East Boston were each charged with kidnapping, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, unlawful possession of a firearm and possession of a firearm during a commission of a felony. John Ballantine was held on $250,000 bail and Tihic on $200,000.

All are due back in court Sept. 11.
I wonder if it's actually full auto and if that's a real suppressor. If it's legit, who the F did these guys rob and why aren't the feds involved?

That definitely isn't a factory full auto M11, those had a folding stock. I have no clue if the suppressor is real, though.

This probably also belongs in the herpaderp/screwup thread, but I managed to lose the recoil spring and guide rod from my CZ-75 while field stripping it.

I doubt the guide rod from a P-07 Duty will work, but if it does I will send you my OEM one.

That definitely isn't a factory full auto M11, those had a folding stock. I have no clue if the suppressor is real, though.

It's a older modified Masterpiece Arms semi-auto "MAC-10" aka the Defender 9mm/MPA-9. Someone has clipped the front sights off it for reasons we can only speculate at. Biggest giveaway is the vertical bulges on the sides of the handgrip - since the Defender 9mm uses the commonly available Sten magazines, those bulges are required to clear the indexing tabs on each side of the magazine.

Last edited:
I doubt the guide rod from a P-07 Duty will work, but if it does I will send you my OEM one.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work as the P-07 is a compact IIRC, but don't worry about it. After spending about half an hour crawling around looking for it, I found the damn thing.

Looks like the sig sauer p320 is not drop safe:

in other news I got an sp01 17 or 19rd mag for the p07 from a friend as a gift, seems to fit just fine just sticks out a bit:

cz01m.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the sig sauer p320 is not drop safe:

---video snipped---

in other news I got an sp01 17 or 19rd mag for the p07 from a friend as a gift, seems to fit just fine just sticks out a bit:

---image snipped---

Yep. I'm not at all pleased with Sig for letting the guns leave the factory like that. Best case, its a test hole that will be corrected. Worst case, they knew about it and opted to take their chances rather than addressing the problem.

I filled out the form with Sig and it will be at least 8-10 weeks before my gun is upgraded and back in my hands... I'm glad I have a backup gun in the mean time.