The Gun thread

Good idea. :)

The Canadian government just tabled a new gun law. 2 specific models that were non-restricted are now going to be become prohibited.

Code:
  [LIST=1]
[*]Ceská Zbrojovka (CZ) Model CZ858 Tactical-2P rifle
[*]Ceská Zbrojovka (CZ) Model CZ858 Tactical-2V rifle
[*]Ceská Zbrojovka (CZ) Model CZ858 Tactical-4P rifle
[*]Ceská Zbrojovka (CZ) Model CZ858 Tactical-4V rifle
[*]SAN Swiss Arms Model Classic Green rifle
[*]SAN Swiss Arms Model Classic Green carbine
[*]SAN Swiss Arms Model Classic Green CQB rifle
[*]SAN Swiss Arms Model Black Special rifle
[*]SAN Swiss Arms Model Black Special carbine
[*]SAN Swiss Arms Model Black Special CQB rifle
[*]SAN Swiss Arms Model Black Special Target rifle
[*]SAN Swiss Arms Model Blue Star rifle
[*]SAN Swiss Arms Model Heavy Metal rifle
[*]SAN Swiss Arms Model Red Devil rifle
[*]SAN Swiss Arms Model Swiss Arms Edition rifle
[/LIST]

There is also what looks like provisions for more reclassification in the future.

So here is what I just bought :

ar15-stripped-lower-receiver-black-2.jpg

Once I build it, I shall name my first AR15 "Ralphie", in honour of Ralph Goodale, Canada's Minister of Public Safety. Congratulations, thanks to your new law the number of AR15 in Canada is going to reach new summits.

Last edited:
You gonna get that name etched on the lower? :lol:

I'm hoping to get my complete upper tomorrow or Friday and that'll be the last of the components. Too bad I have to work this weekend... Going to the range Monday so I'm not likely to get it built before then. :(

Down to 2.1 MOA (1.1 inch group at 50 yards).

zNmHZ90.jpg

This was using Federal Gold Medal Match 168g.

I like the ACSS reticle on my scope, but it is not ideal for precision shooting, I had problems making out the exact center of my target

JCE;n3547756 said:
I'm hoping to get my complete upper tomorrow or Friday and that'll be the last of the components. Too bad I have to work this weekend... Going to the range Monday so I'm not likely to get it built before then. :(

Brownell's has been all over the place on when my upper will arrive. First is was Friday, then Wednesday, now Monday. :(

Was it being shipped via Fed Ex?

GRtak;n3547825 said:
Was it being shipped via Fed Ex?

Yes it is actually. The package is currently sitting in Dallas... C'mon c'mon!!!!!!! :lol:

Is that the facility that had a bomb go off in it?

GRtak;n3547836 said:
Is that the facility that had a bomb go off in it?

No, that happened in Schertz TX down south.

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here.

That looks like fun. :D

Just took him to the range and put 40rds of .223 and 40rds of 5.56 through it and I dig it. Took a while to zero my red dot @ 25yds at least somewhat close to center. I definitely need to spend more time getting this red dot set properly.

Being my first time firing an AR I was surprised the recoil was so light.

Another range session today, did a full 5x5x5 drill. I suck!

4 of my 5 groups had 1 shot outside of the 5" circle, and all my groups were outside of the 5 seconds time limit (ranging from 5.5 to 6.9 seconds), and that's from the low ready position, not from a holster.

This was however a drill run "cold", this being my first shots in more than a month.

Played with the Scorpion Evo some more, still loads of fun. Too bad the astigmatism in my right eye screws up the dot from my Vortex Sparc-II.

And finally shot 4 more groups with my BCL-102 at 50 yards. My best group was 2.1 MO, again. I need to work on my technique, I can't keep a steady aim shooting from a bench.

Next time I think I'll try bipod upfront, bench at the back, see if I can get better results that way. I should definitly do some reading on proper techniques.

igd6u2s.jpg

Edit: I am now at 900 rounds through my CZ Shadow 2, 350 through my Scorpion Evo 3, and 100 through my BCL-102. Better not count how much that cost me so far...

Last edited:
I received my Aero Precision lower yesterday,

jiT7f4y.jpg

(very important to lock that extremely dangerous piece of 7075-T6 aluminium...)

Then proceeded to order the following:

1 x Bravo Company, Complete Bolt Carrier Group, 5.56, (MPI)
1 x BCM, BFH 14.5" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ BCM MCMR-13 Handguard w/ A2 Flash Hider
1 x Bcm Gunftr Vert Grp Mlok Mod3 Blk
1 x Bcm Gunfighter Stock Kit Blk
1 x Radian Raptor Chrgng Hndl 556 Blk
1 x BCM, AR15 Enhanced Lower Parts Kit (semi) BCM - BLACK

This is why I'm poor.