The Gun thread

Blind_Io;n3554516 said:
I have about $200 to blow at Cabela's and I'm considering putting it towards a new firearm.

1) CZ 2075 Rami
2) CZ Scorpion "pistol"
3) Henry .45-70 All-Weather

It might depend on what they can actually order in, since they don't regularly carry any of these, despite carrying both Henry and one CZ (okay, one CZ 75 compact). I know, all of these are really different, but all are on my "Want To Buy" list. I have my LC9s, but want something closer to my P-07 so both my defense guns feel similar. I don't have anything like the Scorpion in the safe. I have a Henry .44, but it was my dad's rifle and I want something I can take out camping and not feel bad it it shows some character.

Thoughts?

Isn't the CZ 2075 Rami a bit small for your sasquatch hands?

Which RAMI are you looking at? I have the decocker version and it's a great gun.

I went shooting last friday (150 rounds trough my Shadow, and 120 trough my AR-15). Managed to get the handguard of the AR hot enough that it was more than uncomfortable to hold. Need to buy some BCM M-Lok grip panels.

Got a pretty good group, just under 1.7 MOA (better than what I managed so far with my AR10ish 308).

In other news, bought something new (or actually pretty old), and it should be on it's way to me tomorrow :D

Last edited:
ScarFace88;n3554678 said:
Which RAMI are you looking at? I have the decocker version and it's a great gun.

The decocker. I'm starting to lean more towards the Scorpion, since I don't have anything like it and I already have a 9mm carry gun. Really it depends on if I end up needing to buy a car, which may take priority.

I'll be the outcast and vote for the Henry in .45-70 Gubmint.

Blind_Io;n3554692 said:
The decocker. I'm starting to lean more towards the Scorpion, since I don't have anything like it and I already have a 9mm carry gun. Really it depends on if I end up needing to buy a car, which may take priority.

One thing to keep in mind is that RAMI availability can be spotty at times, especially for the decocker guns (this issue exists for other CZ pistols as well), whereas I haven't noticed any availability issues with the Scorpion. That said, the Scorpion is well made, but for some reason the recoil impulse is oddly sharp. It's not unbearable, but it's not as smooth as an MP5 clone.

Despite concealed carry not really being a Canadian thing, there is a provision in the firearm laws for it, called "Authorisation to carry, protection of life"
​​​​​​
Somebody made an access to information request to the RCMP to know how many were issued in the whole country.

The answer came back: 2.

The total number of people in my bedroom right now with a license to carry is the same as the entire nation of Canada's CFPs.

Just received my latest acquisition.

It's a gun I've dreamed of owning for over 25 years.

My first German gun, to go with my first German car...

A 1984 H&K P7M8.

g1UIBf2.jpg

G6WN9pm.jpg

I want to go shoot it, why do I have to work, why!? ?

Edit: Called it quit 1h early at work and went shooting. 100 rounds, 2 failure to feed, gun shoots super nicely, started getting hot after 75 rounds, last 15 were painful.

XTlzUgI.jpg

Last edited:
Since I hate money, and I'm a compulsive buyer, I took advantage of a black Friday deal and bought another boomstick :lol:

Some assembly required:

BSbNgzl.jpg

E1gfRT0.jpg

Also on it's way is a +1 extension tube (more than that would it would become a prohibited device in Canada).

Can't wait to shoot it.

Reactions: TC
TC;n3555126 said:
So you're a fan of Demolition Ranch too? :p

Yes, but that has nothing to do with it :D

Welcome to the Benelli M4 Club!

Here's mine on GRTak's favorite couch :)P)...
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/4METKPz.jpg"}[/IMG2]

In other news, I bought an Uzi parts kit, now to buy a receiver, barrel, and bolt (I can't use the original bolt from the kit because open bolt semi autos are verboten and will get your pupper shot).

RdKetchup;n3554848 said:
My first German gun, to go with my first German car...

But Ford is not German!

*remembers the RS is made in Germany*

Nevermind. :p

LeVeL;n3555196 said:
Reminder to self: clean guns before putting them away for several months. It's a bit eye-opening when you have to mortar a gun to get the bolt to open.

See my previous advice to you about not storing weapons with the action open - among other things, having to pogo a closed gun on the buttstock to open it is a lot easier and safer for the weapon than having to pogo it on the muzzle end of the barrel to get the action closed.

In other news, it seems Desert Tech sadly has a ways to go to get their MDR to not suck in terms of ammo sensitivity.