The Gun thread

So my LGS is selling brand new Walther P99s for 299.99 plus tax and BGC... The only catch is that they're in .40. Should I or shouldn't I?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Noooooooooooooooooooo.

Well, in the intervening time period, they sold out of the full size P99s, so I'm definitely not buying one now, lol. OTOH, someone actually does make conversion barrels for P99s, but by the time you buy mags and the conversion barrel, you aren't saving any money.

Can’t remember if I shared my SBR, but right before Christmas, I jumped on the eFile Form 1 train. It came back in about two weeks and being an impressionable youth during OIF, OEF, I had to make a wannabe Mk18.

Shopping for a Wilcox mount and a Comp M2 to replace the Meprolight M21, but it’s a fun little rifle that makes some good fireballs. Picked up a used KAC rail set and wow, rails have come a long way from that era. I know the Magpul stuff is wrong, but I can’t stand A2 grips.

9Kz6rIi.jpg

I want to build my next AR with a mechanical binary trigger and PWS piston upper with an SBR length. But first, I think a CZ Scorpion Micro is in order, since I found out you can buy a binary trigger for those and they are set up for a suppressor from the factory. :devil:

Honestly, I would just do a pistol; there's no real reason to SBR much of anything these days.

So I bought something thicc and Israeli last night... And no, it's not in .40.

Ah, didn't know they made a closed bolt version for semi-auto. Makes sence with the laws you have in place.