The Gun thread

I am so happy with my purchase of the Shadow 2.

1540 rounds through it, and not a single malfunction.

And for some reasons it's cheaper in Canukistan than in FreedomMart.

In other news, I accidentally a sniper rifle. It's a Steyr SSG-69 (Nice!) in .308. One of my local pawn shops had this for 1300 scope included.

UDAW49E.jpg

MkIifYx.jpg

iFpUhhw.jpg

It had been a while since I wasted spent money on guns, so last week I ordered a muzzle brake for my Scorpion.

IMG_20190703_16565127209ac8b6ded0ed.jpg

Looking forward to try it.

Went sporting clay shooting for the first time yesterday. Now I'm looking for a decent shotgun.

and what are we looking for?
i don't see anything weird?

and what are we looking for?
i don't see anything weird?

The third pin that you can just barely see is the mounting for an auto sear, meaning that rifle is legally a machine gun under US law. . Oddly enough, this is no big deal in Europe, but that will get you something like 10 years in prison here.

I added a vertical foregrip to the Scorpion. I will try to go shoot it tonight or Monday.

DSC_9669_lzn1600435b44432f77cd36.jpg

I just got my quarterly $50 gift card to Cabela's - I think I'm up to about $350 towards my next firearm thanks to my work. I was planning on a Scorpion, but I'm thinking of getting the Micro Scorpion now.

Still plenty of time to grumble about how I can't put a vertical foregrip on a pistol...

E file form 1 infringements are quick. I had a two week turnaround when I did mine before the holidays. IMO, it’s worth it to not have to faff with a brace, although they’re better now.

I’m shopping LPVO for the FAL and plan to move the Trijicon MRO to my PTR C93. Thinking about sticking with Trijicon and picking up and AccuPower or AccuPoint scopes, but haven’t messed with any yet. Anyone run one?

I just got my quarterly $50 gift card to Cabela's - I think I'm up to about $350 towards my next firearm thanks to my work. I was planning on a Scorpion, but I'm thinking of getting the Micro Scorpion now.

If I could do it again, I would go Micro.

Still plenty of time to grumble about how I can't put a vertical foregrip on a pistol...

Ironically, adding the vertical foregrip makes it a lot better to hold with the stock folded (or without a stock).

I’m shopping LPVO for the FAL and plan to move the Trijicon MRO to my PTR C93. Thinking about sticking with Trijicon and picking up and AccuPower or AccuPoint scopes, but haven’t messed with any yet. Anyone run one?

I currently have a Vortex Strike Eagle on my Bren, but after using the Swarovski on the SSG 69, the eye box on the Strike Eagle really gets annoying. I could live with it when I bought it, but it's probably going to be replaced now.

For $200 you can!
I'm just not sure it's worth it for the hassle. I put it in our trust, which is a PITA thanks to the changes to the law, my wife isn't on the trust that I have with my brother, and taking it out of state would require more paperwork. It's just easier to keep it as a pistol.