The Gun thread

danielradcliffememe.png

(Wait... that looks like an interesting movie :rofl:)

I was going more for this, but thanks for the reality check ?

hardboiled.jpg

I just image-googled "guns akimbo", and was surprised there's a movie with Radcliffe in it with that title. :D

Well, they are sure not a lot less essential than say, a clothing store or a gym.

But this sounds like a topic for the gun politics thread. :p ;)

Got myself a Lyman digital trigger gauge on Amazon over the weekend, and I tested my pistols this morning:

CZ Shadow 2 OR Single Action 2 lb 11.4 oz Double Action 8 lb 7.5 oz
CZ Shadow 2 Single Action 2 lb 12.5 oz Double Action 8 lb 10 oz
HK P7M8 Single Action 3 lb 6.5 oz

Once the whole SARS-COV2 situation is finaly resolved, I will try a lower weight main spring in my S2OR, a fellow competitor did, and he said the difference for the DA trigger pull is really worth it. Just need to make sure I do not get light primer strikes, and that my DA pull remains above 5 lbs to stay legal in IPSC Production.

Good news is that my P7M8 would also be legal in production (above 3 lbs for all shots)

Here's an ad from an issue of Shotgun News from 1988... It's really interesting to see what guns that are now banned from importation or are now discontinued originally sold for.

Zs3sWBp.jpg

I still remember the price of the AUG in Canada back then, 1795$ (before it was classified prohibited).

My neighbor is offering me a .357 Smith and Wesson. It's a model 19-3 and the serial is 7K89---, nickle finish (not really my flavor, I prefer blued guns), adjustable sights, 4" barrel and original S&W wood grips. There's some minor scuffing on the grips and a minor scrape on the cylinder.

He's asking $300 for it, and I'm kind of tempted.
IMG_20200503_173106773.jpg
Positioned to show the ugly side of the grips and the scrape on the cylinder.

Last edited:
For 300? IF YOU DON'T BUY IT, I WILL! THAT'S A FUCKING STEAL!

I already texted the owner that I would take it.

I'm thinking about buying a set of these grips in black for the .357. I will hang on to the OEM grips, of course, but I like the look of black on stainless. This will probably end up being my woods/camping pistol so a holster will happen for it at some point as well as a matching lever action - most likely a Marlin 1895 .45-70 Dark Edition.

I'd be hard press to chose between the Dark and the SBL version :

109305-241381.jpeg

The Dark is significantly cheaper and has a threaded barrel. It was down to the Dark, the Scout (pictured above), the Henry All Weather, and the Henry Model X.

If the All Weather had a loading gate, I would go with that - but both the Henry rifles are over 4" longer than the Marlin offerings and I want something as compact as possible. Somehow the Marlins are heavier, but I'd rather have the shorter overall length. Who knows, if I get a deal on the Marlin in stainless I might go that route. I think the Henry has better fit and finish than Marlin, but I won't feel as bad about treating the Marlin like a tool gun.