The Gun thread

I'd want at least a .700 Nitro Express for a predator that size. A .45-70 would probably just piss it off.

I've been looking at the CZ Scorpion Micro and trying to get my hands on a Ruger PC Charger to feel - both are as rare as hen's teeth around here. So I did something a little different.

IMG_20200521_095757534.jpg

IMG_20200521_095738912.jpg

For just a couple hundred more than a Scorpion Micro (that I would be waiting months to take delivery on) I scored a Sig MPX 9mm, suppressor-ready, with legal foregrip, 4 mags, and mag carrier. It's a well-kept safe-queen with only about 500 rounds through it - which I know because it bought it from my brother. He's decided to SBR his FN P90, so this was going to get listed - he knew I was looking for a PDW and offered it to me first to keep it in the family.

Great choice, not straight blowback PCC shoot so much smoother (I only tried a full auto MP5, poor me :LOL:).

I'm a liberal gun owner, I'm fine owning firearms from any nation. :cool:

I have guns from the following countries :

Czech Republic
Italy
Canada
USA
Turkey
West Germany

OK, if we're doing this...

Australia (parts kit is Australian, receiver is American)
Austria
Belgium
Brazil (receiver is Brazilian, rest of the parts are either Belgian or Austrian, I'm not sure)
Canada
Czech Republic
Germany
Israel
Italy
Russia
Spain
UK
USA

Bersa?

Taurus?

It's an FAL built on an Imbel receiver.

Same with me. Brazilian Imbel receivers are the best for FALs. Taurus products, however ?

USA #1
SCHLAND
Argentina
Czech Republic
Russia
Austria
Brazil

Clearly, I need more diversity.

Time to buy a Beretta 92FS, a Jericho 941F, an Egyptian Maadi, a P90, an L96A1, and a Tikka x3 CTR. And when I have a zillion dollars, an Ultimax ?

Quick count from memory
  • Russia (x4)
  • USA (x14)
  • Argentina (x1)
  • Germany (x1.5)
  • Switzerland (x0.5)
  • Czech Republic (x1)
  • Belgum (x1)

I know y'all follow Gun Jesus, but whatever. Let's get some content in this thread:

And now for something not-quite-entirely different.

We drew permits for hunting mule deer this fall with muzzleloaders. My family has done this for many years, but for whatever reason I didn't have a muzzleloader of my own. So....time to build one. I could have bought an in-line muzzleloader, but we like the old-fashioned Hawken-style rifles. You can call it nostalgia or stupidity or whatever, but I think they're more fun.

There are a few options available for Hawken-style kits but i think Lyman might be the best compromise between quality and price. Traditions rifles seem to shoot fine, but the materials, fit, and finish can be lacking that last little bit. Pedersoli guns are nice but more expensive.

I went with this one:

C3e43Vb.jpg

f4QeasS.jpg

Now all I have to do is turn all those parts into a working gun. I have a couple of months to get it done, but it should go fairly quickly. There is a little inletting and fitting work to do, but most of it is done already so the remaining fitting shouldn't take too long.
Most of the time will be in shaping and contouring the stock. One that's all done I'll finish the metal parts and blue them.
Should be a fun project.
The ramrod has to go away though. Wood ramrods are of the devil. They will eventually break or at least splinter and skewer your hand. It will be replaced with a good fiberglass rod, or maybe Delrin. Neither are very expensive.