The Happening

toma_alimosh

Also known as "Myke Hunt"
Car(s)
2014 Volkswagen Jetta
Oh man ... that looked like it could be such a crazy new idea for a film in the trailer.

But damn, was it ever a dissapointment. Can't believe I sat through the whole thing. Couldn't even eat all my popcorn, it was that bad.
I want my fuckin' money back.

Who here thinks the same?

Oh man ... that looked like it could be such a crazy new idea for a film in the trailer.

But damn, was it ever a dissapointment. Can't believe I sat through the whole thing. Couldn't even eat all my popcorn, it was that bad.
I want my fuckin' money back.

Who here thinks the same?

i was fortunate enough to have the movie spoiled for me, it killed any desire to go see it and i saved that money to watch WallE instead, money well spent.

I thank the person who blew the story for me.

Begin rant...

It's by shamalamadingdong, what were you expecting? I can't think of a writer/director more undeserving of the praise and worship he gets. His movies are retarded and self indulgent and the "twists" can be figured out within 5 minutes if half of your brain is working. He's not a master of suspense, horror, drama, or anything else other than convincing people he has talent.

Alien #1: Well fellas, this planet is made up of about 80% water, which we all know is deadly to us. Send down the invasion force.

Alien #2: Wait a second, you don't think that's... you know... kind of STUPID!?

Alien #1: I don't see where you're going with this. Now begin the invasion.

:rolleyes:

I dont know, i kind of enjoyed it. But i went to see it knowing it would be of B movie quality and so on and it turned out quite funny.

My friends and I have a habit of watching the shittiest movies and then subsequently making fun of them.

The final destination series or cabin fever or house of the dead spring to mind.

But this one....

This was so bad we couldn't even make fun of it initially :|

RUN AWAY FROM THE WIND!!! NOOOO!!! GET AWAY! ITS GOING TO KILL YOU!!!!!

I seriously was expecting M Knight Retardamalan to show up at the end and go "So you see... we need to prevent global warming, and stop this madness from ever happening. Buy a Prius... be a homosexual like me".

He's a major embarassment to Indians everywhere.

It's the first movie i have ever walked out on. :shakefist:

Edit: Only douchebags have aliases, he's Manoj Nelliyattu Shyamalan, not m night <_<

Last edited:
Begin rant...

It's by shamalamadingdong, what were you expecting? I can't think of a writer/director more undeserving of the praise and worship he gets. His movies are retarded and self indulgent and the "twists" can be figured out within 5 minutes if half of your brain is working. He's not a master of suspense, horror, drama, or anything else other than convincing people he has talent.

Alien #1: Well fellas, this planet is made up of about 80% water, which we all know is deadly to us. Send down the invasion force.

Alien #2: Wait a second, you don't think that's... you know... kind of STUPID!?

Alien #1: I don't see where you're going with this. Now begin the invasion.

:rolleyes:
Actually, I thought all of his movies up to "Signs" were quite good.
We're talking about The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable ... pretty spot on good movies.
And then "Signs" came ... and that just pissed me off at him for the first time. But then, I thought ... hey, everyone has a bad period every now and again, and when one is rushed with a script, they can make some pretty bad mistakes.

Then I saw The Village, which I quite liked, so hey ... I thought he was back on the horse and that would be just a small mishap in an otherwise spotless record. But now I see that I was wrong.
Haven't seen "Lady In The Water" yet ... and now I'm afraid that if I watch it it's going to turn up as a dissapointment ... especially since I feel he has to make it up to me in some sort of way for The Happening.

He redeemed himself for Signs with The Village ... but now he owes me again. :mad:

I only thought The Sixth Sense and Signs were good, the others were crap.

I also had the movie spoiled for me so I'm happy I didn't see this crap.

Also Shamamamalan lives a half hour away from me, I want to go to his house and punch him.

Then I saw The Village, which I quite liked, so hey ... I thought he was back on the horse and that would be just a small mishap in an otherwise spotless record. But now I see that I was wrong.

Opposite for me, i liked Signs despite the harsh criticism of it. But i gave up on M Night movies completely after the Village, i thought it was a huge dissapointment.