The "Have I Got News For You" thread

jmsprovan

I can't believe that there isn't a Finalgear thread for HIGNFY yet :p

Well I've been watching it for the last few years and to be honest I'm hooked, and one of the best episodes of recent times is currently on Iplayer in its "Have I Got A Bit More News For You" form here:

http://bbc.co.uk/i/b8vxv/

If you have a spare 40mins in the UK or elsewhere (although through a proxy) watch it, you'll get hooked like me.

If anyone is wondering the last season finished in June and new episodes should start airing around November.

The show has really fallen off in recent series. Only half of the last series was worth watching.

This latest series was alright I guess, but it can only get better from here on in.

Hopefully when Parliament comes back into sitting the show will be a bit more lively. I certainly think it's going to become compulsive watching as the much needed general election draws ever closer.

First episode of the new series was on Friday, it was funny but it could have been much better had they replaced Arlene Phillips which an actual comedian. (she was obviously just there so they could make jokes about her and Strictly Come Dancing)

It's great to have it back. Watched 'Have I Got A Bit More News For You' last night, which has some of the out-takes left in. Had me in tears, apart from the times Arlene was speaking. She really doesn't have a clue and is just going on everything and anything in an attempt to stop her career hitting the wall. Which it should've done years ago.

I download all the episodes from BBC iPlayer in h264 format using some clever command line software, so can put them up on a suitable FTP if people would like me to. :)