Ownership Verified: The horse has bolted. Meet the Pferdchen!

You need to update your signature picture.

So, yesterday I had some time and motivation to get some things sorted on the car.

Here is the bumper that popped out during the first high speed run - You can see that it has been "repaired" with Silicone before - All I did was Undo a bolt, push the clip in and close the bolt - Let's see how long that lasts.

The gas struts are dead, as it's not critical I will wait to order some new ones until my finances are a bit tighter.

I pulled off some of the plastic crap in the engine bay so I could check the air filter (Which is basically new), there is only a before shot, but I really did some @nicjasno ing on it.

And an engine bay shot!

The last fuel up was much closer to my normal driving in this car and I managed 13.67L/100km ... Not bad!

For the smoke smell, I've heard of detailers here use something called an Ozone machine. I know nothing about them, just that those machines will get rid of nasty smells in cars.

Yes... ozone treatment. A guy from the Sixt car rental also once told me about that. No idea what it is exactly, how it looks or how it works, though.

Great car... many German petrolheads will wonder what it is. I approve and can't wait to be wafted round at Ringmeet.

The last fuel up was much closer to my normal driving in this car and I managed 13.67L/100km ... Not bad!
So on average the Pferdchen drinks about two to three liters less than Lucille. So much for progress!

So on average the Pferdchen drinks about two to three liters less than Lucille. So much for progress!

On a long cruise at highway speeds it'll do 10 to 11L/100km

This being you, "cruise" and "highway speeds" don't fit together... :p;)

I set it to 75 or 80mph :) So yeah, cruising! This car does not encourage you to go faster which is one of the main reasons I went for a gigantic luxo-barge like this.

The 140i always pushes you to go faster :)

not a single cable in sight!
i'm impressed...

Vanish carpet cleaner does a good job getting rid of spilt milk smells, so might work on the smoke smell

So the touch up paint arrived, now I just need to find a time where the weather will be stable for more than 10 minutes to paint it...

I also went to Hyundai today to order some parts ... The guy at the service desk had never heard of the car before and had to go outside to look at it, he was quite excited and was busy jumping in all the seats looking at the features :)

I ordered a new pollen filter and an oil filter - I have heard bad things about using aftermarket oil filters so I will just use one directly from Hyundai.

So the touch up paint arrived, now I just need to find a time where the weather will be stable for more than 10 minutes to paint it...

Hehe, stable... horse...

Hehe, stable... horse...

... lol

Anyway, the fix on the bumper works to at least 100mph:

Alignment isn't perfect, but shrug

If that’s the worst of it, you’re doing better than Tesla.

If that’s the worst of it, you’re doing better than Tesla.

Well, it's clearly had a light tap on the front end at some point which has misaligned things. I tested it up to 120mph on the way home, seems to be still holding.