Ownership Verified: The horse has bolted. Meet the Pferdchen!

Very useful feature when you're chased by helicopters. Definitely something Clarkson would highlight in a review.

if i am not mistaken, its a tad late when you can see them on your rear view camera.

The Equus has 384 horses to run away fast! :p

Right, so I grabbed a couple of things for the car from the Hyundai dealer ... The service guy had never heard of one before and had to come and look at the car, he couldn't believe it was a Hyundai until I popped the hood and he saw the Hyundai logo on the V8 :D

It seems like most parts are available directly from Hyundai, so that's awesome!

Due to the old wipers being a bit ... crap ... I invested in some new ones:

I took the car to the Netherlands yesterday with @Terrex and got my first taste of back seat life ... It's good, really good :D

"This is a non-paying intern position, but you can open the sunroof for exposure"

I like this pun ... :-D

So, got some motivation to swap out the cabin filter - I was surprised how easy it was, it is hidden behind the glove box, and a few stoppers and a clip removed you can get access:

This is what came out:

Old vs new:

And all put back together - I sprayed some deoderiser stuff in the hole before putting the filter back in and then I ran the car up to temperature switching between AC, Fresh air and recycle - I notice quite a difference in the smell, it seems to have helped a lot!!!

The filter was €30 direct from a Hyundai dealer, so the dealer tax is €15 or so - Not bad considering it was never sold here.

First privately owned Equus to be on the Nürburgring?

I was laughing so hard after the lap when I saw this:

What a stupid car :D I did the whole lap in comfort mode because it was more comfortable! And on winter tires too :)

I think that would've been a comfortably scary lap :D
that's great. So in sport mode and with summer tyres you'd go under 9?

I think maybe around 9 minutes might be possible - But generally I don't want to push it that hard :p

I found your car's Czech counterpart:

Probably what the president gets driven in, as it was parked in front of the presidential palace.

Last edited:
I figured the Czech state car would be a Skoda... since you know.... would be fitting for a Czech leader to be driven around in a Czech car.