Ownership Verified: The horse has bolted. Meet the Pferdchen!

Warning! This movie contains scenes which depict sexual interhorse.

Back in the 90s I was working in a small IT tech company... one day we found a file called horse.avi on a user's desktop...

Back in the 90s I was working in a small IT tech company... one day we found a file called horse.avi on a user's desktop...

Right after @MWF posted "interhorse", I thought this is a joke that could be in Bojack Horseman.
This made me read your sentence in the rhythm of the ending song...

Wouldn't be at all surprised if it comes back painted orange or something :ROFLMAO:

Being driven by 47 wearing a rubber horse's head....

So, a bit of an update!

It has a new battery, the water pump was replaced, and it looked fine. Car hasn't overheated once since being in Slovenia, so it is a suspected stuck thermostat.

A new thermostat was ordered but the wrong one was delivered ... Now waiting on parts.

Additonally it will get new front wheel bearings and front upper tie rods ... As well as a new set of tires.

I am stuck here in New Zealand and I miss it dearly!!!

A parts order is done:

I did not *need* the brake hoses there, but seeing as how the entire system is being bled anyway it is worth it as they are probably original.

So far in parts including the water pump and battery we will be somewhere around €1600 - New summer tires also need to be sourced - So probably a further €800 there.

My dad was laughing and just said "It's an expensive hobby" ... :D

I still love the Pferdchen!

Looks like normal pricing for a big barge, reasonable even!

Looks like normal pricing for a big barge, reasonable even!

I guess so ... Still as a single outlay in parts it is more than I paid for a car (Excluding Pferdchen itself and the lease on the BMW)

So work continued:

Thermostat replaced

Throttle body ultrasonically cleaned

New left wheel bearing installed:

Left upper control arms done:

Still hovering:

To do, all the soft brake lines, the right hand side control arms and bearings, oil, filters and spark plugs.

Just working out which tires will go on and then it can get a wheel balance and alignment :)

And it's been a really great year - But family has happened and it just doesn't quite do what I need it to any more... Sadly the bike does not fit inside it.

Not wanting to add another car to the fleet just to haul the bike I decided it is time for it to go... (It took me a while to list it as I really don't want to sell it)

Are you hauling a bicycle? Why not add a trailer tow point for a hitch-mounted carrier?

Are you hauling a bicycle? Why not add a trailer tow point for a hitch-mounted carrier?

It is quite complicated here to make that stuff legal - I probably could do something but on the other hand getting something cheaper until an EV comes along is also more sensible.

Another problem is it is also very difficult to do roof racks with it and the boot shape makes it hard to fit a stroller in.

I am going to see how the sale goes, if I can't get what I want for it then I will keep it and invest.

Go full American.

“we have one kid and I need to haul a bike.”

?

03730265-EB88-4434-8E61-B2DD17AC28F3.jpeg