The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 XTerra, '00 VFR800, '07 ST1300, '11 Multistrada
Article claims in excess of 100mph, no wonder it threw them! They need to work on tying the cells together better if this can happen though, the battery day stuff suggests they're planning to remove 'excess' structure so not sure how that's going to pan out.
Maybe more trips to Home Depot?

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Left a bit, no right a bit, just there. England.
Car(s)
2020 Tesla Model 3, 1990 Discovery 1 Bobtail
Maybe more trips to Home Depot?
1605905349515.png

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
Again?

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
(At Home Depot, pondering the caulking and adhesives) "Excuse me, which one of these is best for installing automotive glass - and do you have it in 'Midnight Silver Metallic'? My Model 3 is parked outside under your display tent and I really want that OEM finish."

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
(At Home Depot, pondering the caulking and adhesives) "Excuse me, which one of these is best for installing automotive glass - and do you have it in 'Midnight Silver Metallic'? My Model 3 is parked outside under your display tent and I really want that OEM finish."
"I'm sorry sir, but we can't sell to you unless you have an account with us."

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
"I'm sorry sir, but we can't sell to you unless you have an account with us."
"You'll have to make an appointment through the app that'll be in 4 weeks at the earliest... also delivery of that stuff is going to be another 8 weeks maybe"

... no joke, replacement side mirror took 8 weeks for me. At a certified Tesla bodyshop (I don't know whether they'll even ship to anyone else, probably not?). New windscreen at the beginning of this year also 8 weeks. That one could've been a real bummer (I was lucky, chip was small).

If anything goes wrong with the car, it's currently more or less of a nightmare (but always a nightmare). At least my broken door handle (stupid door handles...) was a warranty replacement.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
I mean, the company I work for will have 3.5 weeks at most for 15-35HP electric motors that have to be made. how a side mirror take more than that makes no sense. Most of that time is spent in shipping...

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
It's disruptive

Quiky

Super relevant and trendy avatar
STAFF MEMBER
Welcome to the world of "just in time" production, where only the parts needed for production are manufactured,.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
Welcome to the world of "just in time" production, where only the parts needed for production are manufactured,.
I would agree as that’s how we work the electric motors and subsequent variable speed drives. The motors are wound to whatever voltage you need from 208v, 220/240, 380, 460/480, anf 575. because there’s so many different voltages, stocking is silly. But it’s not like shipping from rural Germany to Chicago is an easy thing...

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)
Electric Space-Jesus says his workers should forgo pay and "volunteer" to make him richer during production shutdown.

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
Electric Space-Jesus
👌 that is indeed a very fitting label...

workers should forgo pay and "volunteer" to make him richer during production shutdown.
... especially considering how massively anti-union (or anything remotely similar) the guy acts. Compared to e.g. Bezos I just don't get how Musk is basically treated like a saint. I admit the employee exploitation at Amazon is at another level (and at Tesla, it probably is rather described as "dedication to saving the world" or whatever), but the stance displayed towards workers rights is frankly ridiculous. Must be this ridiculous notion in those people that their obscene wealth is somehow actually the result of "hard work" on their part...

Strangely enough, the Berlin/Brandenburg factory is rumored to be paying crazy high wages.

Blind_Io

DONOR
Car(s)

jack_christie

Forum Addict

jack_christie

Forum Addict

NooDle

Ik ben niet alleen lekker met kaas!
Car(s)