The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

I'm surprised that they nerfed it after this long. They're not wrong with the reasoning I suppose and the feature was never available in Europe, apart from that time when they turned it on by mistake. :LOL:

I'm surprised that they nerfed it after this long. They're not wrong with the reasoning I suppose and the feature was never available in Europe, apart from that time when they turned it on by mistake. :LOL:
Yeah it's pretty bonkers how that seems to have been legal at all in the first place? How did adding that feature not breach some regulation right from the start (probably was over here I guess)? It should be pretty apparent to anyone who isn't a 12 year old (or spoiled billionaire man-child) that having this feature available while driving is insanely dumb and unsafe. I'm as much a fan of blasting ice cream truck music around the neighborhood, but I am somehow rational enough to watch some old top gear for that :p

It's probably a matter of "we have bigger things to worry about until it becomes a problem. Now we're getting complaints so it's moved up the priority list." There isn't anyone reviewing every car feature to ensure it's in compliance with regulations, most car companies are responsible enough (and have enough lawyers) that they design cars to fit the regulations; they don't want bad press, recalls, or stop-sale orders after doing all that R&D and production. Musk is taking a tech company "disrupt the industry" approach; Uber did the same thing by operating illegally in some locations, Musk is learning that doesn't work with the DOT and NHTSA.

Be lucky not to make it onto their hit list:

Chechen leader insults Elon Musk for threatening to fight Putin by calling him ‘Elona’​

Kadyrov mockingly invited the billionaire businessman to train for the fight in Chechnya

What's any of that to do with Tesla? Or is this a general "I dislike Musk and anything related to him" thread now?

Didn't think stupid Musk tweets its should be in Ukraine thread. Copy into another thread if you want.

There are SEC court orders against Tesla to control what Musk tweets about Tesla, which have to be approved by Tesla company lawyers, and there are several other lawsuits about that in process.

Tesla Fired Worker Who Posted YouTube Video of FSD Accident​

backup link:

Fired, but still has Beta!:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByKE6RZjYes

Im not shocked they fired him hes showing that the product that they offer as self driving isnt self diving.

Still very odd that any beta tester is allowed post videos.

Tesla knew he was doing all along.

In which we learn that Tesla's policy for revoking FSD from testers does not include recklessly breaking traffic laws. But does apparently apply when (a) said tester is an employee, (b) hit is an object in middle of road, and (c) yields viral YouTube clip.

I haven't verified this, but MKBHD mentioned that the Tesla Roadster was announced and taking deposits so long ago 2017), that if you had taken that $250,000 down for the founders' edition (the first 1,000) and instead of putting the money towards the car, you put that $250k into Tesla stock, it would now be worth $3,500,000.

That may very well be true… I know I cashed out my Tesla stock when it was worth less than 1/5th of what it would be now. And I still doubled my invest doing that. so my example alone would already get you from 250k to 2.500k…

I haven't verified this, but MKBHD mentioned that the Tesla Roadster was announced and taking deposits so long ago 2017), that if you had taken that $250,000 down for the founders' edition (the first 1,000) and instead of putting the money towards the car, you put that $250k into Tesla stock, it would now be worth $3,500,000.
5y performance based on today is just over 16x, so 250k would be over 4M.

Honestly not sure if it's an April Fool's joke or not. All mention of the Cybertruck was scrubbed from the Tesla website months ago, production dates were delayed and no new delivery estimates were set.

Last edited: