The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

369938291_7017094611635335_7567173404911549147_n.jpg

It has crossed my mind on several occasions that I would need one of those if I'd bought a Tesla.

On a related note: there's a Tesla owner around here that has a "Thank you Elon" sticker. I don't think the equivalent sticker would be appropriate on my Volkswagen.

It has crossed my mind on several occasions that I would need one of those if I'd bought a Tesla.

On a related note: there's a Tesla owner around here that has a "Thank you Elon" sticker. I don't think the equivalent sticker would be appropriate on my Volkswagen.
Saw this VW logo on the back of a carbage'd out Passat about a decade ago:

P9090002.jpeg

So the Model 3 has haptic steering wheel buttons for the indicator now, and the gearshift on the touchscreen. Wonder how easy it is to find the indicator when you’re leaving the roundabout?

My car has shift paddles on the steering wheel and I’ve tried using them in traffic a couple of times. It’s unnecessarily difficult to grab second gear when you’re turning and the steering wheel is upside down.

New logo 😜
F7bt6QRXIAAxHnD.jpg

In a move that isn't at all self-serving, Tesla lobbies for much stricter fuel economy standards.

In a move that isn't at all self-serving, Tesla lobbies for much stricter fuel economy standards.
Which honestly is fair enough, because a bunch of ICE manufacturers will surely lobby against those...
I honestly don't get how the service managers even think they're ever going to get away with this? This is the most obvious manufacturing defect and thus a warranty issue I've ever seen... even if the guy is lying and was driving through a bunch of deep puddles, doesn't change anything.
But this is something I've experienced with tesla service myself, as well - and which strikes me as very odd - how much is at the discretion of the individual manager (especially with tesla, who are crazy about rules/processes/standardization). that's why, if I have any issues, I have so far always driven the additional 20 min to Düsseldorf, rather than go to the closer new Cologne service center, simply because I know the people there are well-meaning and reasonable and wouldn't try to pull bullshit like this. Or maybe this particular manager actually is a stickler for the rules and simply didn't find the "battery flooded" in his list of possible warranty issues and thus simply refuses it, on principle...

Musk turned into 'a little baby' on Tesla call​

Swedish Ports Threaten to Block Teslas From Entering the Country​

[...]Since the Transport Union threatened to blockade the port, Tesla has restarted its negotiations with IF Metall.

So when their own employees threaten to strike Tesla doesn't care, but when other workers who are outside of Tesla's reach threaten to block the import routes the talks continue. That tells something about the value towards their own employees vs. selling cars...

• Wow
Reactions: lip
In defense of that specific vehicle, this appears to be a months-old RC vehicle (the same one the lead designer's been driving around for a long while), and those early ones all had wonky assembly. Newer ones do seem at least a bit more competently built. At that vehicle's production stage, some manufacturers are still running "mules" with other model bodies on them. I'm kinda surprised they didn't replace it with a more current one since it's been seen in public so much.

It's still ugly as sin, and I hate it, and it's stupid, but...yeah.