The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

I mean, the FM radio thing is...stupid, but not catestrophic. I imagine they were still polishing the GUI, or something...but the windshield wiper thing is idiotic.

Sure it works great in San Francisco though <_<

Not with the rainy season coming. :lol:

The air vent thing is a new level of dumb.

On a related note, I saw one up close at work and the quality of the interior was not as horrible as I was expecting. It still doesn't look good in person, it reminded me to much of a Dutch wooden shoe or a frog shaped dildo.

No wiper controls? You have to be kidding.

No wiper controls? You have to be kidding.

Thats where it gets a bit wonky online. I originally posted a story from Carscoops that said that, and ripped Tesla a new one. Then I looked up Model 3 pictures and saw that there is a stalk with wiper controls, and edited my post to rip Carscoops a new one. Then I reread the post and saw that they yell about touchscreen wiper controls and very briefly mention the stalk at the end so I deleted my post.

All in all, there is a hard control for wipers, but all that lets you do it turn them on/off and spray washer fluid. If you need to adjust speed or do anything else, you need to go through the screen. Which is still fucking stupid.

ICanWU7.png

Also.... those fingerprints.

Here's the one I saw FWIW:

ErO8QSE.jpg

R3C9ggc.jpg

ye1bOeL.jpg

BW8BeOT.jpg

The car lacks a radio and Bluetooth audio, and both are supposed to be added via a software update? That sounds very fishy to me.

Wow this thing is the epitome of stupidity. Cannot control your vents or wipers manually? Fuck what ever techno douche bag millennial that thinks you need to control EVERYTHING from that stupid jumbo screen. Give me manual controls so I can do what *I* want. God this world is doomed and maybe humanity deserves it. ;)

Oh and the radio thing is ludicrous...

It's the grown-up version of a child ball-pit.

A useless, fancy place where you can sit safe, play with dumbed-down, safe material and do absolutely nothing.

*shudder*

EDIT

Well actually one thing you can do. You can repeatedly get out of a random window and shout: "Bazinga!" until your roommate comes and takes you home.

Last edited:
Poor leviathan :)

Nah it makes sense, it has the hardwware just nothign to run it.

No it doesn't, because software to use that hardware does already exist in the other models. Writing a completely new version for the 3 would be Stuten unnecessarily expensive.

No it doesn't, because software to use that hardware does already exist in the other models. Writing a completely new version for the 3 would be Stuten unnecessarily expensive.

Not really, the firmware exists but interface and such might still be worked on. They might also be working on multi-phone logic, perhaps even proximity detection. I don't know what's under the hood there but I can see not having the software ready. Also remember it's Tesla, they have to reinvent the wheel every time, just look at Space X.

Hello my name is haz and I just bought a Model S :)

*runs and hides*

No, but I can agree with most of the Model 3 hate, why does everything have to go into a big screen.. I dunno. Most likely you will be able to customize some functions through the steering wheel buttons though. And those Germans are super biased, it?s not the cars fault that the drivers are idiots or that the SC network aren?t "Norway standard"..

Wow this thing is the epitome of stupidity. Cannot control your vents or wipers manually? Fuck what ever techno douche bag millennial that thinks you need to control EVERYTHING from that stupid jumbo screen. Give me manual controls so I can do what *I* want.

Technically you would be doing what the buttons want you to do... A touchscreen is more flexible for features.

check this out, vid about the touch screen..

[video=youtube;Jl7A-9dGSb0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl7A-9dGSb0[/video]

So we now know that the touchscreen can be handled fine while the car is stationary, meaning no rocking about. Glorious... :rolleyes:

It seems like the guy in the video is trying to sell me a Tesla. I mean, it IS good that he can keep the screen in sight using just his "peripheral", but with standard controls I can keep track of the situation AND operate all the controls, at fine level, without even moving my eyes from the road. How is the touch screen an improvement at all?

Plus, two other things. The first is I am now writing from a 13'' touch screen monitor. And if the buttons are not big enough, you HAVE to concentrate on the monitor, plus the added bonus that even when they indeed are big enough, you need to LOOK at the monitor to operate it (at least do direct your hand).

The second is I always hated big luminous things at my eyes' level, because they cannot adjust to the road and let me see in partial darkness (I keep the dial's lighting low and I had my radio set on red illumination to reduce their impact). How is a big -WHITE- 15'' monitor helpful in this regard? What about reflections on the windscreen or on the windows? I hope it can be at least be put in some night mode, or its light intensity reduced at will.

The second is I always hated big luminous things at my eyes' level, because they cannot adjust to the road and let me see in partial darkness (I keep the dial's lighting low and I had my radio set on red illumination to reduce their impact). How is a big -WHITE- 15'' monitor helpful in this regard? What about reflections on the windscreen or on the windows? I hope it can be at least be put in some night mode, or its light intensity reduced at will.

Not a problem in the S and X, there's a sensor that changes the brightness depending on the ambient light. I have driven both of them in the dark, it's really no problem. :)

Not a problem in the S and X, there's a sensor that changes the brightness depending on the ambient light. I have driven both of them in the dark, it's really no problem. :)

I tend to want to limit the number of lights in the car, my phone has a sensor that makes it darker at night too and yet....