The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

Not a problem in the S and X, there's a sensor that changes the brightness depending on the ambient light. I have driven both of them in the dark, it's really no problem. :)

Good to know there's such a thing. i'd still had to try, though. Eyes' level is really high up and 15 is really big. (and I am a bit picky on this... but that's me...)

Not a problem in the S and X, there's a sensor that changes the brightness depending on the ambient light. I have driven both of them in the dark, it's really no problem. :)

It is a problem if it is a white background, I turn down my phone to the lowest light setting at night and it still bothers my eyes. I usually shift to night mode or invert the colors.

Last edited:
It is a problem if it is a white background, I turn down my phone to the lowest light setting at night and it still bothers my eyes. I usually shift to night mode or invert the colors.

Same. Neither the brightness nor the audio on my phone can go lower than it's lowest setting, which is still to bright/loud for when and how I want to use it. I had to download 3rd party apps to get them to go further down, but it's a pain in the ass.

In my own car, the display dims before I ready for it to when I'm driving towards a setting sun. It's still bright-ish outside, but the display goes dim (because the headlights come on) and it puts the display in silhouette. So, I turn it up to be able to see it, and then an hour later, I wonder why I've got a headache from squinting, and it's because now it's dark, and my display is still on the manually-raised "day" brightness.

It also switches to a black background color in the dark:

2120x1192-mx-interior-tunnel-night-e1498821770137.png

Tesla fires 400 employees
Tesla said:
"Like all companies, Tesla conducts an annual performance review during which a manager and employee discuss the results that were achieved, as well as how those results were achieved, during the performance period," explained a brand spokesperson. "This includes both constructive feedback and recognition of top performers with additional compensation and equity awards, as well as promotions in many cases. As with any company, especially one of over 33,000 employees, performance reviews also occasionally result in employee departures. Tesla is continuing to grow and hire new employees around the world."

"Like all companies, Tesla conducts an annual performance review during which a manager and employee discuss the results that were achieved, as well as how those results were achieved, during the performance period," explained a brand spokesperson. "This includes both constructive feedback and recognition of top performers with additional compensation and equity awards, as well as promotions in many cases. As with any company, especially one of over 33,000 employees, performance reviews also occasionally result in employee departures.

^ This.

Tesla is continuing to grow and hire new employees around the world."

^ Does not compute with this.

You cannot fire people then turn right around and say you hire new employees. That's disingenuous. Just say it for what it is, you either want to trim your labor force for what ever reason or you are in financial trouble. Or you have investors that are breathing down your neck asking for you to "trim the fat" so they can make more money.

I think they are basically saying they got rid of shitty employees.

This.

The only reason this made news is because people tweet and blog about literally every one of Musk's farts.

You can actually do that in the US? Fire people and take someone else in? Great if it is. Here an employer is banned from hiring new people nine months after firing someone. First you have to ask the fired people if they want to come back before you can hire someone else. Sucks. It is really hard to get rid of shitty employees without getting sued.

I think they are basically saying they got rid of shitty employees.

That or they got rid of employees that don't want to work more than 40 hrs/week.

You can actually do that in the US? Fire people and take someone else in? Great if it is. Here an employer is banned from hiring new people nine months after firing someone. First you have to ask the fired people if they want to come back before you can hire someone else. Sucks. It is really hard to get rid of shitty employees without getting sued.

Wow. So you're saying you can be a shtty-ass employee and get fired, and then get asked to come back?

That or they got rid of employees that don't want to work more than 40 hrs/week.

I suspect this may be a legitimate thing seeing as the auto industry are slave drivers but think about where they are in the country...

Yep, unless you are dealing with unions then there are different rules but that's something that unions and management agree upon ahead of time. Legally speaking you can dump your entire work force and hire a whole new one 5 minutes later.

- - - Updated - - -

Doubt it, those likely would look for another job.

I suspect this may be a legitimate thing seeing as the auto industry are slave drivers but think about where they are in the country...

Its all what you make of it. I work insane hours, but I made a personal choice to join a very demanding group. There are hundreds of people who cruise through entire careers working minimal 40 hour weeks, never advancing and doing the bare minimum. I'm sure Tesla, being a west coast tech company, really pushes their employees, but those who went there knew what they were getting into. Again, its not news, it happens. Companies fire people all the time, only reason anyone cares is because Tesla is the sexy thing right now.

Wow. So you're saying you can be a shtty-ass employee and get fired, and then get asked to come back?

The hard part is to clearly show they have been shitty. If you can without reasonable doubt, then no problem. Employers (especially small ones like me) are in very uncomfortable spot if they want to get rid of someone not pulling their weight. Court rooms tend do believe small employees more likely than the evil employer.

The hard part is to clearly show they have been shitty. If you can without reasonable doubt, then no problem. Employers (especially small ones like me) are in very uncomfortable spot if they want to get rid of someone not pulling their weight. Court rooms tend do believe small employees more likely than the evil employer.

That sounds terrible, here you don't need a reason to fire anyone. Only exceptions would be unions and contract employees.

Model X voted as the least reliable car of 2018 by CR.... :rofl:

INB4 "but they're a startup!!!!1111" comments...