The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

Autopilot is also just a software function - you can drive the Tesla without that function, no problem. In fact, not having that function really doesn't affect the mechanical performance in any way
Neither is having a radio, or an HVAC system, etc..

Point is that this is functionality that exists in the car from factory and is not a subscription service so why should it be turned off?

Point is that this is functionality that exists in the car from factory and is not a subscription service so why should it be turned off?

To sell twice the same overpriced feature and making a step further into convinving people that they should spend the same amount of money for a service rather than a product.

So... a 1.6% market share was fine, but a 1.1% market share is not?
It all sux, but the fact that adult power wheels are outselling proper cars is sad.

Oh, the drama.

Between the 2 of you, how many manual transmissions do you have?
Both of the cars I currently have are manual, same with the previous two cars.

How many electric cars do you have?

It all sux, but the fact that adult power wheels are outselling proper cars is sad.

I love how anything you don't like is automatically labeled a toy.

Both of the cars I currently have are manual, same with the previous two cars.

How many electric cars do you have?

Fair enough, you keep buying wait you want.

True, I don't own any EVs, but I will when I can get one with the capabilities I need.

By the way, I grew up using an electric lawn tractor. Basically a 36 volt golf cart with mower blades. I am going to try and revive that very tractor, or combine it with another tractor I have, with modern batteries and motors.

I am also considering converting my current truck. It will need to be converted to a manual too.

I love how anything you don't like is automatically labeled a toy.
No toys are fun. My Mustang is a toy, I freely admit it, completely pointless car for my use case. If you are alluding to bicycles, they are toys, my 4 and 5 year old have em, I have fun riding along side them in the park too.

By the way, I grew up using an electric lawn tractor. Basically a 36 volt golf cart with mower blades. I am going to try and revive that very tractor, or combine it with another tractor I have, with modern batteries and motors.
Unless one is a professional landscaper that has many jobs in a day, I hardly see the point of an ICE in those types of things. They are smelly, they are loud and really you don't use them that long.
I am also considering converting my current truck. It will need to be converted to a manual too.
Now that's a project I'd like to see.

Lots of more interesting EV convertions on YouTube.

That's true, I watch Rich Rebuilds at random, he had a video on how hard/expensive those conversions are.

Tesla wins again.

1A126D8A-B2EE-457F-8F77-0CC82BF37082.jpeg

It runs on natural gas. Still not a great solution.

this might work: http://eptender.com/en/

basically, they rent out trailers with a battery which charges your car while driving
when the trailer-battery is empty, you just hook on another trailer and keep on trucking...

this might work: http://eptender.com/en/

basically, they rent out trailers with a battery which charges your car while driving
when the trailer-battery is empty, you just hook on another trailer and keep on trucking...
This reminds me of that Grand Tour episode "what if instead you took some liquid out of the ground and poured into a tank in your car?"