The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

My main issue with VW is that its a Haldex system so basically its FWD pretty much all of the time. At the time I was looking they had a 6 year/75k warranty and were the only manual wagon that had some oomf (well after a tune from APR).

My beef with Subaru is that they don't offer a WRX wagon, only Impreza and that shit's sloooooooow, it has same specs as my 98 Outback did...
Everything else AWD and wagon only comes in two pedals, and as you already pointed out, is pretty damn expensive. By comparison with the Xterra I get 3 pedals, sufficient power that it doesn't feel like it's struggling to get up to highway speeds, reasonably comfortable ride, enough space for the fam and ability to get throughly nearly any weather NYC and surrounding areas are likely to encounter.

One big problem with wagons in NYC is that they tend to be longer for same amount of space you can get out of a smaller SUV. As a comparison my Xterra is shorter than the Mustang by a couple of inches and is something like 8" shorter than the Outback I had. And the Xterra is actually considered midsize, there are smaller CUVs one can get and still have ample space for the kids in the back.

Haldex isn't as bad as you think, to be honest, especially for street driving.
They are even worse??? :p FWD biased systems feel FWD and we all know how I feel about that ;)
WRXs are slow. And so is your Xterra. :tease:
So is your SHO :tease: I bet I could beat you in a drag race on this one road near me, it's basically off roading lol.

FWD biased systems feel FWD and we all know how I feel about that ;)
I haven't driven Audi/VW haldex in ages but the FWD-biased system in my Ford doesn't feel like it's FWD.

So is your SHO :tease: I bet I could beat you in a drag race on this one road near me, it's basically off roading lol.
I don't have a SHO :tease: My car is definitely faster than a WRX or GTI though. Oh, and I have a Jeep for off-roading that would beat your Datsun in a race :tease:

I haven't driven Audi/VW haldex in ages but the FWD-biased system in my Ford doesn't feel like it's FWD.
You used to drive FWD so you are immune to the horror :p

I don't have a SHO :tease:
An SHO by any other name :p
My car is definitely faster than a WRX or GTI though.
That's true, well stock for stock in any case.
Oh, and I have a Jeep for off-roading that would beat your Datsun in a race :tease:
Not unless it's an SRT it won't :p

Even a V6 GC has 300hp. And don't forget about the ZF8. It's surprisingly quick!
Looks like I was looking up regular Cherokee, the GC is 300 that’s true ZF? You mean power robber 3000? :p

P.S. 0-60 time looks about the same as the Datsun though 7.4 seconds, there aren’t too many sources for mine but they seem to list it at 7.5.

P.P.S. It might be the weight, depending on trim they can get up there in weight

Last edited:
Volvo wagons are out there, equally overpriced. V60 and V90.

So the V60 starts around 46k the new XC40 Recharge EV will be about 51k now you would get back $7,500 federal tax so under the wagon cost and in New York State you get back $2,000 so $41,500 and if your in Colorado $4,000 state tax incentive so in effect $39,500

Last edited:
Elon is doing an amazing job at alienating customers..

Unlikely.

Not to rely on the the stereotype, but the kind of people who would buy Teslas are the sort of people that will crucify Musk on social media over this or his decision to move to eeeeeevil red Texas.