The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

He bet. He lost.

It's easy to be reckless when the prize is yours if the bet is won, but the loss is someone else's if the bet is lost.

He bet. He lost.

It's easy to be reckless when the prize is yours if the bet is won, but the loss is someone else's if the bet is lost.

To be fair, that's sort of the mantra of much "big business." Get so big to get all the rewards you can, and so big that if something happens, the world can't do without you, and they bail you out.

To be fair, that's sort of the mantra of much "big business." Get so big to get all the rewards you can, and so big that if something happens, the world can't do without you, and they bail you out.

If someone gets to this point, it means the money they make isn't the reward for a risk, so why should they make so much money, exactly?

Just a small point of note in there. Morales resigned amidst a massively contested election in which the OAS and EU found several irregularities which are still affecting the country to this day as they were going to run a more transparent election process before COVID-19 happened. Armani's post history unfortunately paints him as the usual "American Imperialists fuck capitalism" kind of guy. Not the best starting point for discourse. Not that Elon didn't display his usual decorum and restraint by replying. Everyone sucks on that convo.

Bernie, on the other hand, has the best take on the douchebag; even if his wording seems to imply that he thinks that increase in wealth means that Elon just has 46 billion dollars more in his account, which isn't the case.

In another tweet Musk said he gets lithium from Australia and Grimes told him to turn off the phone....

Indeed. The OAS doesn't have the best track record on these sorts of things. There was that one time in my country where they supported the guy who literally drove a mob in a bus to seize ballots for a political referendum regarding his re-election.

The EU had this to say, however. The cliff notes version is that they agree with the OAS results, even if their representative team is smaller than they would've preferred. It's a very fucked up situation and I will be following the results with great interest. The Morales presidency seems to be advancing in much the same way I expect the smaller ALBA members to do, with the final straw for his people being his push to abolish term limits.

We can move this to random political if you want. The changing tide of latin american politics will be more easily solved than Tesla's panel gap issues, and just as likely to be ignored by the media at large :p

I wondered when that would come up. Quite right that he should be banned and it's a strange situation, the conclusion I've come to is that he was probably fiddling with something else on the screen and thought he would get away with it if he argued that he was using an essential control. That article mentions the Model S but I read that it was a Model 3 on several other sites.

In my (limited) experience of driving through heavy rain on a motorway there's no reason to be fiddling with the wiper controls in a Model 3, @leviathan may disagree as he has much more experience but I've found that it's a little too eager to go to max speed in rain. It's also odd that he was apparently on a motorway but wasn't using autopilot, something that would probably have saved the car from crashing. I've used AP in heavy rain and it was remarkably good.

Plenty of discussion on other Tesla sites about this, it's generally accepted that changing the speeds with multiple presses of the button on the left stalk would probably be the best way to stop people using this as an excuse prevent people crashing while changing wiper speeds.

That's fine if the rain is consistent, but if its changing every other mile, having it on touch screen is not good

How does a mobile phone with wheels not have automatic rain sensing wipers?

It does, in my experience they work fine. I don't know why he would be changing them on the screen, hence why I think he was doing something else and tried to use that as an excuse. :dunno:

Um, ok.

Every car I’ve driven that had rain sensing wipers has needed a bit of fiddling with the rain sensor setting, so unless Elon reinvented the tech I think I very much would want a stalk.

Every car I’ve driven that had rain sensing wipers has needed a bit of fiddling with the rain sensor setting, so unless Elon reinvented the tech I think I very much would want a stalk.

I noticed that with the Smacks last year, my VW products are.... a little more lazy in response to lighter rain where the ford was too aggressive. I find VW's approach to work fine.

The sensor in my Skoda produced quite a few false positives. The sensor in the Opel is way better. It has worse parking sensors though...