The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

Article claims in excess of 100mph, no wonder it threw them! They need to work on tying the cells together better if this can happen though, the battery day stuff suggests they're planning to remove 'excess' structure so not sure how that's going to pan out.
Maybe more trips to Home Depot?

Maybe more trips to Home Depot?
1605905349515.png

Again?

(At Home Depot, pondering the caulking and adhesives) "Excuse me, which one of these is best for installing automotive glass - and do you have it in 'Midnight Silver Metallic'? My Model 3 is parked outside under your display tent and I really want that OEM finish."

(At Home Depot, pondering the caulking and adhesives) "Excuse me, which one of these is best for installing automotive glass - and do you have it in 'Midnight Silver Metallic'? My Model 3 is parked outside under your display tent and I really want that OEM finish."
"I'm sorry sir, but we can't sell to you unless you have an account with us."

"I'm sorry sir, but we can't sell to you unless you have an account with us."
"You'll have to make an appointment through the app that'll be in 4 weeks at the earliest... also delivery of that stuff is going to be another 8 weeks maybe"

... no joke, replacement side mirror took 8 weeks for me. At a certified Tesla bodyshop (I don't know whether they'll even ship to anyone else, probably not?). New windscreen at the beginning of this year also 8 weeks. That one could've been a real bummer (I was lucky, chip was small).

If anything goes wrong with the car, it's currently more or less of a nightmare (but always a nightmare). At least my broken door handle (stupid door handles...) was a warranty replacement.

I mean, the company I work for will have 3.5 weeks at most for 15-35HP electric motors that have to be made. how a side mirror take more than that makes no sense. Most of that time is spent in shipping...

It's disruptive

Welcome to the world of "just in time" production, where only the parts needed for production are manufactured,.

Welcome to the world of "just in time" production, where only the parts needed for production are manufactured,.
I would agree as that’s how we work the electric motors and subsequent variable speed drives. The motors are wound to whatever voltage you need from 208v, 220/240, 380, 460/480, anf 575. because there’s so many different voltages, stocking is silly. But it’s not like shipping from rural Germany to Chicago is an easy thing...

Electric Space-Jesus says his workers should forgo pay and "volunteer" to make him richer during production shutdown.

Electric Space-Jesus
? that is indeed a very fitting label...

workers should forgo pay and "volunteer" to make him richer during production shutdown.
... especially considering how massively anti-union (or anything remotely similar) the guy acts. Compared to e.g. Bezos I just don't get how Musk is basically treated like a saint. I admit the employee exploitation at Amazon is at another level (and at Tesla, it probably is rather described as "dedication to saving the world" or whatever), but the stance displayed towards workers rights is frankly ridiculous. Must be this ridiculous notion in those people that their obscene wealth is somehow actually the result of "hard work" on their part...

Strangely enough, the Berlin/Brandenburg factory is rumored to be paying crazy high wages.

Tesla acknowledged the problem but said if the display was not working, “the driver can perform a shoulder check and use the mirrors. If the screen is not visible to control the climate control and defroster settings, the driver will be able to manually clear the windshield.”
"I wipe my windshield with a rag on a stick"?