The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

Tesla’s bad week in China was months in the making​

Tesla says Model 3 traveling at nearly 120 kph before crash in China​

There are even aftermarket “cup holders” you can attach to the steering wheel so the car thinks someone is holding the wheel, enabling you to go full retard. And yeahyeah disclaimer only use car with hands on wheel etc. I fail to see this as anything other than ‘dumbass uses car in a way it wasn’t intended to, dies’

I fail to see this as anything other than ‘dumbass uses car in a way it wasn’t intended to, dies’
Wasn’t there a bit on the TG News ages ago where they were discussing some sort of autonomous car and Clarkson said that while the idea was nice, undoubtedly some guy called Bob or Steve would come along and “tinker” with his one? :unsure:

Wasn’t there a bit on the TG News ages ago where they were discussing some sort of autonomous car and Clarkson said that while the idea was nice, undoubtedly some guy called Bob or Steve would come along and “tinker” with his one? :unsure:

Ken!

I repeat, why did they have to reinvent door handles again? I also have to assume that entire disassembly process if, you know, the battery needs replacement.

That's rubbish. There's no excuse why a battery on wheels can't regulate the power of its own 12V battery. None at all.

I hope the Model 3 isn't like that. Mine doesn't get driven much, gets charged even less and I haven't had any issues... yet.

Edit: M3 does at least have the front port with a connector similar to what James was mentioning. Apparently the older Model S had posts under the fake 'grille' but they removed it in the redesign. Pretty stupid.

Last edited:
There's also no reason you should have to disassemble half the car to get to the battery that can't be charged any other way. Every other car with a battery tucked away has remote charge points that are easier to get to. Even Chrysler managed to figure this out in the 90s, FFS.

Texas:
1.) The commission rate was confirmed to be 13%. That is basically Tesla's share of the premiums right off the top.

2.) They have actually filed to use some of the cars data for individual drivers in the rating (this was not the case in California).

There's also no reason you should have to disassemble half the car to get to the battery that can't be charged any other way. Every other car with a battery tucked away has remote charge points that are easier to get to. Even Chrysler managed to figure this out in the 90s, FFS.

Is there an EV where this is easy?

Or...here's an idea. Make the doors and the hood (or whatever the fuck you want to call it today) in such a was as to allow them to be opened with the 12V battery flat.

The Mach-E has some primo buttfuckery to get to the battery too:

Or...here's an idea. Make the doors and the hood (or whatever the fuck you want to call it today) in such a was as to allow them to be opened with the 12V battery flat.
But this is THE FUTURE...what's next? You're gonna ask for BUTTONS instead of a screen?

The Mach-E has some primo buttfuckery to get to the battery too:
The Mach-E is way less bullshit than Tesla. You don't have to lever the wheel arches apart, for one thing, and the battery is under a single cover.

It seems like the leads in the bumper would be better used to just charge/jump the 12v battery.

Mach-E is pretty much identical to the Model 3. Power leads under a cover up front to revive it and semi-obscured battery under a single cover. Not sure where the pull-to-release cables idea came from but it's fair that you wouldn't want someone to gain access easily or you could never store anything valuable in there.

Regardless, I still don't understand why you should ever need to get to it as the car should be able to keep the battery in the perfect condition to last 10+ years. We already know lead-acid batteries can last this long and in an EV they will never experience the high loads of a starter motor.

Last edited:

Beginning with deliveries in May 2021, Model 3 and Model Y vehicles built for the North American market will no longer be equipped with radar. Instead, these will be the first Tesla vehicles to rely on camera vision and neural net processing to deliver Autopilot, Full-Self Driving and certain active safety features.
oof :|