The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

To be honest, I’ll be surprised if it ever materializes.
Meanwhile they made this:
1638909297633.png

Do you want to see why the rest of the planet thinks Americans will buy anything? :ROFLMAO:

Do you want to see why the rest of the planet thinks Americans will buy anything? :ROFLMAO:

It's not just Americans that buy shit like this.

It's not just Americans that buy shit like this.
But let's be honest, it's mostly Americans who buy this shit.

Yeah I drove a colleague’s model 3 this summer and noticed this aswell, my kid could play solitaire or something while on the go (it didn’t even interfere with satnav or stereo or anything). So for that it’s good, but of course someone will engage autopilot and play this meanwhile…

Where do we stop protecting the dummies from themselves?

The problem is not protecting them from themselves, it's protecting the rest of us from them.

At least the last part of that is clearly bullshit. Just step on the brake ffs. The car cannot override the brake or forceful steering input.

thing is, there’s also hundreds of people showing how it’s magic and it works - also in cities. Blanket statements in either direction are clearly not warranted. It works, sometimes. not all the time. thats why they call it beta and tell you explicitly that the car may try to kill you. I don’t get how this is still not understood.

Because the marketing materials and tech influencers hail it as "Pretty much done and self driving cars are here". Not to mention the also ample supply of people taking this "beta" and believing the marketing materials then proceeding to sleep or go in the back seat or any other irresponsible behavior.

It is quite interesting to see the things it can and not do though.

For those of you who just wish for a brief description: "Tuomas Katainen explains his 2013 Model S was in the shop for more than a month for service. When he heard back from the shop, they told him they couldn’t repair his car, and the only option was to change the entire battery cell. [Mr. Katainen] said the fix would’ve cost him upwards of €20,000 ($22,500). He told the dealership that was absurd, and he donated the car to a Finnish YouTube channel Pommijätkät. Instead of fixing the Model S, 30 kg (66 pounds) of dynamite was strapped to the car for detonation. Showing his frustration, Katainen even had a doll of Tesla’s founder Elon Musk in the driver’s seat. "

Depending on the article about this, it’s either all model 3 from 2017-2020 or all in the USA. if the latter turns out to be true, consider me angry. My car will have the exact same issue as all the others from that period, it came out of the same bloody factory at the same time after all. If non-US cars aren’t included (because of less potential for Tesla to get sued), that’d honestly be scandalous.
currently it does look like it, though. The recall database at Tesla is supposed to be updated and my VIN shows nothing. :mad:

edit: checked again. Now shows for my car as well. Have made an appointment for Wednesday morning (expected way worse wait times).

Last edited:
Yeah, mine is affected as well. Booked a mobile service appt for the 11th - no earlier slots available, I guess Frankfurt is a bit busy :)

Also noted in the service request the issue with the new blind spot camera view being blinded by the indicator at night. Apparently there is a new variant of the repeater assembly that doesn't have the issue anymore, put in standard since early 2021, and retrofittable to older cars as well.

Also noted in the service request the issue with the new blind spot camera view being blinded by the indicator at night.

Ohh, let me know what they make of that… or if that goes ignored. They also added some front suspension stuff (reseal front upper control arm ball joints) without me doing anything. Has anything like that been done for you at some point?

shouldve tried mobile service as well… now I’m going to the sc. oh well… otherwise I would’ve needed to find a spot for the mobile service to be able to do their thing.

They also added some front suspension stuff (reseal front upper control arm ball joints) without me doing anything. Has anything like that been done for you at some point?
Yeah, they did a bunch of stuff on the front suspension this summer, when it went all squeaky at me: https://forums.finalgear.com/thread...el-3-performance.3555565/page-10#post-3605563. Both other Model 3s in our company fleet had the same issue around that time, seems it's a common thing, so likely standard work for any 3 that goes in now.