The 'I don't like Tesla' Thread

Door poppers can be huge if you’re disabled, i’d imagine. If your fingers don’t work, being able to push a button might be a lot easier for you. And having it factory made is nicer, cheaper, neater and probably more reliable than having it retrofitted by some conversion company that drills into everything to install their stuff.

But for able bodied people, i’ve never really understood the point of door poppers. I’ve got to use manual labor to get out of the car anyway 😅

this isn't just a Tesla problem, my Kia has similar doorhandles which can also freeze in cold temps...
Nothing you can do aside from preheating the car...

kia-ev6-2022-07-detail-door-exterior-red-suv-scaled.jpg

Tesla actually added an app feature recently to at least sort of address this - you can trigger the door opening mechanism directly from the app, which nudges the door open without moving the handle (same as when you use the door opening button inside). If it's completely frozen over, you can still get in with that.

They did? Where do I find that? 😲
Tesla actually added an app feature recently to at least sort of address this - you can trigger the door opening mechanism directly from the app, which nudges the door open without moving the handle (same as when you use the door opening button inside). If it's completely frozen over, you can still get in with that.
Edit: don’t tell me I can just tap the doors in the view that I posted earlier…

Last edited:
Nah, that'd be too easy. Like all good features it's hidden in the "quick access" - you need to hold one of the four quick access icons below the vehicle in the app, and can then replace one of them with the door popper icon. Very discoverable, if I didn't happen to read the changelog during that one update I'd've missed this one too.

I would have expected Elon to troll his customers and put a quartic wheel in there.

1673043703000.jpeg

Killed the make round industry:

tempImageg7vDkU.gif

Chinese car prices have been going up, but the Tesla cut theirs:

If you ordered a tesla, you can probably cancel to take advantage of the up to 20% cut

They sent me an email, I looked at the price and thought it had gone up at first. Turns out I just have no idea what a Tesla costs these days. :dunno:

Screenshot 2023-01-14 020252.jpg

Tesla video promoting self-driving was staged, engineer testifies​

Ashok Elluswamy deposition is brutal

Last edited: