The "i made dis" thread

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
My apologies if my initial search missed an existing thread, but...

Please share photos and or info about stuff you've made. Wood working, drawings, baked goods, guitar pedal kits, 3d printed items, etc...feel free to share the fruits of your labor or imagination.

I'm currently building a 4ft wide "hamster wheel" for a cat out of MDF, fir, and a swivel caster for the rotating mechanism. Should have pics next weekend.

Last edited:

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
At work, the gas burners have in the controllers a flame safeguard system that reads the intensity of the present flame with ionization(or Infared or UV). Sometimes we need to test burner controls without making fire for either programming or RMA testing. I got a waffle board, project box, jumper clips, 1/2 watt resistor, and a diode. Resistor so that the controller does not see a direct short and a diode to force the signal to one direction. I'll snap pictures on Monday when I'm at the office. It works great, the only other thing to make it better would be a plug into the gas valve output and a relay. So when "gas" is on, the "flame signal" automatically comes on rather than someone completing the circuit at the right time. Later on, I want to flesh out a complete test bench for RMA testing. Right now I put returned parts on our burners in the boiler training room.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Three? How badly to you have to piss off your better half to need three? ;)

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Seat Leon
starting from this:

one step in between:

aaand finished (sort of, still missing finishing touches, to be honest):

and another pair, starting from this pile:

ending up somewhere here (cba getting a better picture, sorry. also, see picture 3):

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Cat exercise wheel almost done. Just needs padding/carpet track on the inside, and the shell "track" on the outside.

Last edited:

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
So far it hasn't spent more than 5 cumulative seconds in it, despite about an hour's worth of trying to get it to use it with treats, toys and a laser pointer.

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
Cats don't generally do exercise wheels. They're smart enough to want to see the scenery change, which is why they do the rocketcat thing and blast about everywhere.

However, if you play with them more, they do rocketcat less.

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
i broke this :p

but mended it again :cool:

but what i'm actually doing atm, is putting a new level in mij house!

bone

"bangle for president"
DONOR
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
we just gave them shelter until they were ready for their raid on paris!

urgh....

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Cats don't generally do exercise wheels. They're smart enough to want to see the scenery change
After the GF played with the cat in the wheel for a while Sunday night and last night, it was using it in 5-10 second bursts a couplefew times today, however it got on it just as often on the TOP of the wheel from the bookcase, and got immediately tossed off. I think it might actually use it once we gets he grippier track instead of the bare, smooth, MDF (which it occasionally slides on).