The "i made dis" thread

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
So that's what it is! We were all pretty confused when we saw it on the chat. It's brilliant. :LOL:
Yeah, I didn't think that I should put the phone where you lot could see what I was doing. I couldn't have the audio on, because it caused a feedback loop for you all.

I think we could do random live streams of FG members doing random things and it could be a hit! :ROFLMAO:

Hmm... :think: My neighbour feeds the squirrels that roam the area around the building. I may be inspired!

Also, this belongs in the Awesome Thread as well.
I wish I could take credit for the idea, but both Gena and I had seen them on the internet.

Sadly I have no plans to offer. I just started cutting boards and ended up with this. The legs were originally longer, but I decided to shorten them after the first mock up.

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
F150, CJ7, Mustang GT, Tenere, Griso
A friend sold me a welder last year and showed me how to use it. Here are a few things I've made with it.

First, any welder needs a table to work on that won't catch fire.

Step 1: Raw materials, mostly from the per pound scrap pile at the metal supply shop.

Step 2: Fashion them into a rectangular box.

Step 3: Add wheels, and somehow get that 200lb plate up top.

Step 4: Add huge vise, and grind the rust off

Then I whipped up these saw horses from the pallet that @Der Stig 's Lexus rock sliders arrived on.

They are a copy of a design of some about 50 year old ones that were in my Grandma's garage.

Next project was a proper cart for my Kamado smoker.

@Nabster and I got the basic structure done in a day.

Then it was time for the finishing touches.

First build a door

Fit said door

Add sides and floor from cheap cedar fence boards.

Now I could have bought a door latch for about $2, but what's the fun in that?

How about some GROSS OVERKILL!!!

All done!

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Dude both of those are awesome. I've wanted a smoker for a while now but living in a 3 person household with a vegan fiancée and a recently vegetarian son it seems kind of pointless.

I did cook a stunning burger last night, made of real cow, and there was a Chicken Tikka Balti in the order that arrived from our local Tandoori place on Saturday.

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
Dude both of those are awesome. I've wanted a smoker for a while now but living in a 3 person household with a vegan fiancée and a recently vegetarian son it seems kind of pointless.
Pointless? Psychological warfare is the best secondary use for a smoker.

Kinda remind me of that lady in Australia who sued her neighbors because the BBQ smell was disturbing her.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
Car(s)
3 of them
I'm sorry to hear that.

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pid
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3, 90 Discovery 1, 05 Smart Roadster
Love the welding projects, curious to hear how you used the welder for the sawhorses. :LOL:

I'm no veggie but home smoked veggies should go down well and you could slip a bit of cheese or sausage in there. :wicked:

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
@Matt2000 As you can see in the first photo I was working on the ground like a peasant. I used my second favorite tool for those, the DeWalt 20v cordless impact driver.

I've cooked a ton of veggies for my vegetarian girlfriend on that smoker, they come out great!

Reactions: MWF

Matt2000

Disco Stu-pid
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3, 90 Discovery 1, 05 Smart Roadster
@Matt2000 As you can see in the first photo I was working on the ground like a peasant. I used my second favorite tool for those, the DeWalt 20v cordless impact driver.

I've cooked a ton of veggies for my vegetarian girlfriend on that smoker, they come out great!
Big cordless impacts are great, not really had enough opportunities to use my 1000Nm Makita but it gets the job done.

Just re-read my post about veggies and it could be mis-interpreted in so many way, not going to change it now though. :LOL:

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
One more recent project.

I convinced @Nabster and @Der Stig to help me completely reorganize my garage and build new shelving to hold all of my useless crap.

First, everything had to come out. Yes, it did all fit in there.

New back wall shelf unit

New side wall unit

Full of junk again, but believe it or not, this is a huge improvement.

I have not had that much floor space to walk around with everything in the garage in years. It also helped that I dumped the bikes I was no longer riding.

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
I've been doing some garage organization and purging lately. Soon it'll have to be replaced though. I mean if the floors need replaced, the walls are separating and the roof is bad, is there anything to save?

Crazyjeeper

NickGyver
DONOR
Car(s)
I've been doing some garage organization and purging lately. Soon it'll have to be replaced though. I mean if the floors need replaced, the walls are separating and the roof is bad, is there anything to save?
So you can build bigger and better!

I'm lucky that mine seems to be in pretty good shape structurally. Someone did ram a car into the back wall at some point so there was a cracked stud we had to sister. There are also quite a few gaps so everything gets extremely dusty. I think that the current setup is the final form of this garage. TO get anything better, I'd have to move or bulldoze.

For comparison, here is what it looked like when I first moved in.

And this was recently before the redo.

So much better!

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
I need to reorganise the shed. Part of the storage is an old Welsh dresser that we no longer use nor want but it's not a very efficient solution.

I grabbed a couple of sets of bifold doors as part of a bundle of timber someone had on Freegle. I'll grab some used scaffold boards from my local wood recycling project and make a much better solution. I'll post before and after pics in time.